or Connect

Posts by beingmommy

Thanks, MissMommy. I totally wouldn't be worrying except that my DS is very disturbed by the pooping. And he tries to stop it and runs around in a circle crying and then grabs onto us and cries. Also, even though the poops are mostly soft (and squishable) he is having a little tearing and bleeding. I think it is because he is trying so hard to hold them in. I really just want him to get some lossened up stools for a few weeks so he can stop being afraid of them. Our...
My DS is 21 months old. He's been having a stool withholding issue since December after he had a bad bout of constipation. The only thing saving him right now is that he still does not eat a lot of solids and nurses a lot. So his stool is only firm at the beginning (he's holding it for about 6-7 days right now) but once he gets past the intial bit (an inch or two) it is very soft and easy for him to poop. Still that first bit hurts him and makes him scared to go. He...
My son is 21 months old and has 3 kinda words (mamamamama, dadadadada, and hot). He does sign up a storm and I would recommend checking out the Signing Time DVDs (http://www.signingtime.com/. We started doing signing with him when he was 4 months old using a book and he just did not pick it up at all. Then when he was 14 months old I got a few Signing Time DVDs and he was signing within a few weeks. He now uses close to 70 signs regularly. We started with the Baby...
My DS is 21 months old and his two top front teeth have weak enamel. They came in discolored and started chipping away within a few months. All his other teeth (he now has 16) are PERFECT. So it's very obvious to me that it's an issue with the actual teeth and not anything we did. He has a cavity already in one of the front teeth. We see a fabulous natural dentist (after a horrid visit with a anti-BFing jerk) and she is very gentle. BUT we do have to make sure...
Thanks for the suggestions! I will look into the Baby Calm and epsom salt baths. I am hoping to get it turned around without having to use laxatives but would appreciate the info on the PEG vs senna too.
Shamelessly bumping in the hopes someone has some suggestions.
My 21 month old is withholding poop. He goes anywhere from 3-7 days. It's become clear to me that the withholding is about control. He does not like the feeling that the poop is coming and that he cannot stop it. Once he is unable to hold it any longer and starts pooping he is fine. But right before he is very upset, running around in circles and crying. How do I help him? He's so young and not verbal yet so having a conversation about how pooping is okay...
My DS is 21 months old and has been all about Dad lately too! I am a SAHM and he is fine when it is just us but when DH is around, it's DAD, DAD, DAD. It does hurt my feelings but I know it is okay. And many people have told me kids go through phases of wanting one parent more.
Quote: Originally Posted by brioche You're putting your heart and soul into being a gentle parent and are rewarded with a screeching, angry monkey child (I have one, too!). This is exactly how I feel! Quote: Originally Posted by brioche It's just a phase and soon your husband will be the very liveriest of chopped liver. This made me laugh outloud and made my day. Quote: Originally Posted by...
My DS is 21 motnhs old and having a rough time of it lately. He is very frustrated and I think he is starting on his 2 year molars. I am a SAHM and I am super AP. We co-sleep, I still nurse him (round the clock), I practice the gentlest of discipline. Basically, I feel like I am doing things right. BUT lately, he seems so mad at me. Whenever DH is around it's like he just wants him. For everything! Not just playing. He wants DH to comfort him if he's sad. He...