or Connect

Posts by beingmommy

I am so glad to see this thread!  I really need it!   Dakipode, I can imagine you feeling detached as you wait to move onto a new way of TTC.  I am not sure how to find the non-attached vs detached.  Hmmmm.   Happy2bamama, I am sorry for your struggles.  I don't have too many IRL friends who are going through it either.  I know a few but I don't see them IRL regularly so it's hard.  It does often feel like a thing we go through alone.  I like the idea of focusing...
I think age of the man is a factor, though, like with a woman, overall health is key.  There is some thought that a good diet can improve both egg and sperm health.  I believe this.  It's all a gamble suppose.  But my uncle has a beautiful, bright, NT daughter he fathered at 60 (my aunt is 42).  So it can happen too.   I am feeling much better about the age question right now.
This is fantastic!  Exactly what I needed to hear. I DO feel like I am healthier and so much more aware of things now than when I was younger. 
Oh thanks for the responses!  This is helping alot.  I KNOW I want this.  I think I am healthy enough for it.  I know we have enough love and hope for it.  I just need to get over this age thing. I DO know I am older and I may not bounce back as quickly and will need to make sure I take care of myself.  But this is good. I am feeling better about it.
Thank you for these responses.  I want to believe it could work and be great.    DH and I are pretty healthy.  I guess we could eat a little better, be a little thinner, exercise more but otherwise we're okay.  We're coming out of a rather negative few years with all the stressful stuff with DS and starting to be more positive and take better care of ourselves.  I want my 40s to be the decade I really blossom (since I never really did in my 20s or 30s - heh...
Okay, I KNOW it's not actually crazy (and I have subscribed to the TTC 40+ thread) but I am having such a hard time with getting in a good headspace about it.   I turn 40 this October.  I have one DS who is 5 yrs old.  We always wanted more but DS has lots of health/dev issues (multiple life-threatening food allergies, asthma, verbal apraxia, sensory processing disorder, autism) and for a long time we thought we wouldn't have another,   THEN, early this year, DS...
Hi Writinglove, you might recognize me from the HHAC thread (and briefly the Expecting Rainbow thread/FB group).  I am not actually on THIS thread as I am not currently pregnant but I've been getting burned out with TTC anxiety and I stumbled upon the Saner TTC thread (which I was thinking I might join for my next cycle) and then subscribed to that thread AND this thread so I wouldn't lose track of them.   ANYWAY, I saw this post come up and I felt compelled to share...
So I am hoping to backread on this thread and get to know everyone here a little more.  But haven't quite had the time yet.    Anyway, I think I am on the brink of ovulation right now and so far things are looking fertilish (good CM and all that - heh).  Eeek!  Crossing my fingers!   I also just found out that my brother and SIL are expecting their second.  She's only 6 weeks along so it's still very early but it's very exciting. (She's quite a bit younger than...
This is exactly how I feel! I was just thinking last night that I could imagine being devasted if I don't get pregnant this month but also relieved at the same time!  Ahhh!  Crazy-making.   I also have fears about being pregnant.  While my pregnancy with my DS was actually very healthy, I had a lot of pain throughout.  AND I had a very early miscarriage (at 5 weeks) before my DS pregnancy so I was sort of anxious throughout about something going wrong.  I wish I...
We have a 4.5 year old DS who is very high need.  He also has some health and developmental issues (food allergies, asthma, verbal apraxia, autism).  We had mostly decided for the past year that we would not be having another child.  This made me very sad.  I always wanted at least two children AND I also thought a sbiling would be a good thing for our son.  But the stress on our family with his issues and stress for him made us think it was not possible.   Then,...