or Connect

Posts by beingmommy

Thank you!  I will do that.  We have an appt scheduled with her on Wednesday. It's neat to hear other use the cranial rhythms.  I really like that she does that.
We just started seeing a homeopath who does cell salts.  It's been for my 3 year old son who is having asthma issues.  He had a cold back in September and just never shook the cough.  He had one bad asthma episode back when he was 22 months (hospital stay and all) but has had no further issues until now (so 1.5 years with no astham symptoms).  The cough has just come and gone since Sept and occasionally gets tight and requires us to use his inhaler.  He also got very...
My DS has always loved to throw his toys. When he was little it was fine and even now, most of the time my DH and I do not mind. We know to stay clear and our DS knows to throw things at the floor or on the futon/bed and not at people. We figured the throwing was part of him exploring the toys and didn't want to curtail that. BUT lately, when we are out at playgroups and other kid friendly meetings, he has started throwing toys with nary a care as to whether there...
We usually fill the dropper with some of the oil and then run warm water over it for a few seconds from the faucet. That warms it up nicely. Our doc (a naturopath) has always had us do 3 drops, in affected ear(s), 3 times a day for 5 days. I usually let the oil go into the ear canal and then jiggled it a little to get it down in there and then if I can get my DS to sit still keep the ear pointed up so it gets a chacne to roll around in there. When I've had to do two...
Quote: Originally Posted by paakbaak i´m with kitten. allergies are a mystery. Me too! I had a natural childbirth with no medications. I BFed my DS for 6 months exclusively and then he had no interest in solids until well after 12 months so really he was EBF until about 14 months. He is unvaxed. Has had probiotics since he was 4.5 months old. Our doc is a naturopath so we have always made natural care choices for him when able. He DID have...
It IS great that they are back up. I called and spoke to the new owner (he actually answered the phone!) when I was finding out if the Miss Roben's stuff was really sesame free and he was very helpfull. He has a life threatening allergy to shellfish so he understands how important it is to prevent cross contamination.
The Allergy Grocer online also has a line called Miss Robens. They are guaranteed peanut, sesame and tree nut free. She's got a ton of mixes (pie crust, bread, puff pastry, muffin, etc . . .) . I was estatic when I first found them. But unfortunately they don't work for us because all the mixes have sugar. My DS has horrible teeth. Weak enamel from the moment they came in and any sugar in his diet just makes them start to break down no matter how well we clean them. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by kjbrown92 There are still lots of foods that are NOT in the same food family has peanuts and sesame seeds, that are also not top-8 foods that he CAN have, so maybe you should focus on those and that way you don't feel like you're giving up so much. And offer those foods to him. I am trying to focus on this. It's just hard since sesame can cross contaminate anything. Even rice. I can't even find any safe spices! ...
Clabber Girl is not tree nut free. I called them for my DS a few months ago. Peanut free but not tree nut free. Sbgrace I know exactly how you feel. My DS is anaphylactic to peanut and sesame. SUpposedly negative to tree nuts but we are avoiding for now. And he is also gluten intolerant (probable celiac). I am having such a hard time finding things to feed him. I mean, meats, fruits and veg would be fine. But finding anything baked or crackery, etc is very hard.
Thanks kjbrown! I think her pushing nuts is crazy too. We have not started them at all. I think we should at least wait until he can talk well (he has apraxia so his speech is very delayed) and tell us how he feels when he is eating. I worry about food intolerances too but honestly, I have never noticed a bad reaction to food other than his anaphylactic reaction to eating hummus which started the whole food allergy thing. I always thought his frequent waking was...