or Connect

Posts by beingmommy

Quote: Originally Posted by whoMe His foods are all pretty low in salicylates, and sals can make for a spirited child. I wonder if you could try him on some more low sal foods and see if he'll eat those? And going with the sals idea, maybe if you lowered the sals in your diet, it might reduce the load for him some? Sals can also be a fairly common cause of asthma. Nutritionally, how's your omega 3mega 6 ratio? Are you getting plenty of b6? Do you...
My DS is 2.5 years old. I am having problems and need help. 1) My DS is a VERY picky eater 2) My DS has multiple severe food allergies 3) Because of #2 I am afraid to try new foods for him 4) I have never been big on cooking but now everything he eats needs to be made from scratch and I am failing, FAILING, at making him foods So, my DS is a very picky eater. I have read many old threads here about picky eaters and they'll say their child is a picky eater...
DS (2.5 years old) 100% unvaxed Anaphylactic to peanut and sesame Allergic to dogs, cats, dust mites Gluten Intolerant (probable celiac) Asthma I feel that if he had been vaccinated his allergies would be worse and he would have more food allergies. Obviously I have no real evidence for this. I just really feel it in my gut, I don't know why.
Thank you for all the good advice!
My DS is 29 months and I still use my pregnancy pillow to sleep. It's a Snoogle (http://leachco.stores.yahoo.net/snoogle.html). I sleep with it behind me so part of it curls up under my head and then the other end I roll up between my knees. The middle section gives my back support for all the nighttime nursing! I adjust it so there is less under my head and more bunched up between my knees so the head pillow part doesn't end up on my DS (if that makes sense).
I think it is definitely a personality thing. HOWEVER, I wish I could find a book about co-sleeping written by someone who had a bad sleeper! My DS (29 months) is a *terrible* sleeper. Always has been. I am currently so sleep deprived I am wading through my days. But all the co-sleeping books seem to have been written by people with easy babies. They just snuggle down and the child is asleep! They read them a bedtime story, pat them and they all fall asleep! They...
Thanks, I have seen the Bock book recommended before. I definitely need to read it. I know I need to figure this out since we'd like to have another child at some point (waiting until some of these stressful issues with DS can be somewhat sorted out - ie get him talking better, get him sleeping better, get a handle on the allergies). I don't want another baby to have all these issues. I was such a healthy kid. And all my recent tests say healthy too. No vitamin...
Thanks for all the replies. I do not know why my DS has these allergies. I have asthma but other than that allergies do not run in our families very much. My DH's brother was allergic to milk as a baby but outgrew it very quickly (and there were 7 kids in that family and none of of the others OR any of their children have had any food allergies). But my DS has two of the least outgrown allergies. Makes me sad. I thought we did everything right. Natural birth. ...
I know I didn't handle it right and let my DS down. We were at a bookstore with a train table area and my DS (29 months) was playing with the trains. Another little girl (maybe 3ish?) came over and began to hoard all the trains until he only had one left and then she took that one too. He looked at me smiling, like he thought I would help and I didn't know what to do. The little girl was by herself so I couldn't look to her mom to intervene. And I wasn't sure if I...
Quote: Originally Posted by jewelsJZ Also wanted to comment to all the mommas on this thread who are considering not having any more children due to their sleep challenged LO's. Take a survey of all the moms you know who have sleep challenged children. How many of their kids had these troubles? I myself have never met anyone who had more than one child who had these issues. Not saying it isn't possible, but I bet it's a pretty low percentage. For me,...