or Connect

Posts by sea island mama

Hello & welcome to our Tribe . It's been a long time since I was there, but I absolutely loved the pre-natal classes at Yoga West in Kits.  It is Kundalini yoga, which involves a lot of movement, not just holding poses.  There is also a relaxation portion near the end of the class which was wonderful, too. It was my first yoga experience & it was such a powerful way to embrace pregnancy & birth. Good luck!    
I have had the good fortune to manifest a new friend who has a gift with children.  Janna is a single mom with 2 kids, one of whom is a boy ds' age & they are great friends. Her kids are spending the school year with their dad, giving her a chance to explore her options & talents.  Having studied Neufeld's work for about 12 years, taken psych courses at UBC & having an amazing authority with children, she is the ideal 'favourite aunt' who can steer the kids into wanting...
I also don't come here much any more due to different circles of support & different needs as the kids get older.   That said, I do have a question for those of you with older girls :   What are your thoughts on emerging body hair & shaving?  I don't want to suggest to DD that there is anything wrong with her developing body & all that goes with it.  I also don't want to leave her open to ridicule when she goes out in our culture where shaved armpits are the...
Hi Elisa, Welcome back.  If it's nice out tomorrow, we'll probably be at Trout Lake in the afternoon for the HS-Van 'activity' day.  Everyone is welcome, of course!   On another note, I have a question for those of you with girls:  if they join you in bed, do you or your dh have any concerns about what people might think, say or do as they get older?  My dh seems to think if people find out dd is in his bed, they would find it inappropriate & he could be charged...
EYES WIDE OPEN WELLNESS FAIR!   Time Saturday, May 7th · 11:00am - 4:00pm Location Sea Island Community Hall 7140 Miller Road Richmond, BC  V7B 1L4 Sharing ideas for personal, community & global wellness Vision: Opening people’s eyes to new possibilities for wellness in their families & in the world and inspiring them to share their new knowledge with others in their lives. Booths/displays confirmed: Eating healthy food locally [Jennifer...
EYES WIDE OPEN WELLNESS FAIR!! Hey everyone, I have been meaning to post this here for a while and didn't have a lot of details, so here's what I have so far:   I am putting on a small Wellness Fair to bring information to people about why & how to make small changes in their lives for better health & less impact on the environment.  These are things that most of us here do because it just makes sense to us, but some people don't know or think it's too much...

Congratulations!  I lost 10lbs in September cutting out all grains, beans, starches & dairy and doing an exercise program that I could do at home & only took 10-30 minutes a day , so I gained a lot of muscle in there as well.  Unfortunately, I didn't keep it up & have now gained it all back (darn girl guide cookies ). I also found it hard working around all the food preferences here & often having to make a separate meal for myself.  I did manage to get the kids to eat a...
Following this thread with interest as I recently got dd a starter set from Lunapads as well (got the booklet, too ).  Definitely not spending as much time here, but some discussions are not suitable for FB!   BTW, thanks for all the responses to my problem on the other thread.  I need to go back & read through them all again as I didn't make notes as I went along.  Dd has been doing ok recently, but I also haven't been asking much of her.  If I so much as hint at having...
WARNING...long rant & looking for help with 10 y.o. DD!   I'm needing some help & wondering if anyone here has any suggestions... Dd is hijacking the whole household many evenings at bedtime.  Going on about being terrified at bedtime, fighting every step of the way to sleep...upsetting everyone, especially Ds, who sleeps with her because she's too scared to be alone, yet her freaking out often has us remove him to sleep elsewhere because he is so upset (usually...