or Connect

Posts by chipper26

The way Pantley addresses this issue is to advise you have the same wake-up time everyday. I'm sure PP's have said this, but I'd start waking him earlier and earlier until he's up at a reasonable time. If you want him in bed at night by 7-8, he should probably be up at 7-8 in the morning.
Quote: Originally Posted by Alisse Can you move the bed so that one side is against the wall? By the time your daughter is rolling she may be much bigger which might make it less worrisome for her to be between the both of you. This is what we did and she slept between me and the wall most of the time. It worked well and we actually still have it set up that way (she's now 20 months) but she sleeps in the middle more b/c I'm not worried about...
Probably not what you want to here, BUT, my friend's ds is a little over 4 1/2 and he just started to fall asleep without mom in the room. She was happy when he would allow her to stop rocking, then it was laying in bed with him until he fell asleep... which meant that mom would always fall asleep, too! She tried everything (except the CIO approach) and he just wouldn't fall asleep on his own. So this month he came home and said that his friend at school falls asleep by...
CIO means leaving your baby to fend for himself and cry alone. If you are comforting him, then NO, it isn't CIO. If you're doing all you can and you are there for him, then that is the best that can be done. Sometimes, unfortunately, babies will be uncomfortable and cry no matter what we do. Good luck!
She slept almost 8 hours last night for the first time, ever. I have been getting a few 4 hour stretches here and there, lately. I just wanted to announce this in a place where other people know what a BIG DEAL this is. FOr most of her life, I've been up every 2-3 hours at least... and more often than that during certain phases like teething, etc. So, I'm wondering if this is just a fluke or the start of something more consistent. Only time will tell.
I haven't done it yet, but I've heard some good things about the Jay Gordon nightweaning approach... many people modify it somewhat. Another thing I was thinking about was using a bit of the No Cry Sleep Solution. The Pantley Pull-off (when you get your babe to get used to falling asleep without nursing - you unlatch your LO right when they are super drowsy and about to go to sleep.) That approach may make your LO rely less on the nursing to get back to sleep. That's...
No. I don't think God has a sense of humor because I believe that we give God human traits that he/she/it doesn't possess. So, to say God has a sense of humor is to grossly simplify a complex being that we will never be able to understand with our small human minds. That's just the way I see it .
My dd is 20 months old. Right now, I'm just modeling "sorry." I day it all fo the time, like if I accidentally bump into her, or spill something or make a general mistake or hurt her in some way. I think she understands, plus she has watched Baby Sighing Time, and there is a song about please, thank you and sorry. So anyway, she's gone through a stage where she signed sorry when I said it. I think I've asked her to say sorry once or twice. I guess I want to make...
As a teacher and former "bored" student. I feel her pain. Testing week is so awful and there is so much pressure for the kids to do well (the pressure is on both he kids and the teachers.) My old principal had a great saying about all of the crazy testing that goes on, and let me tell you, we test out the wazoo around here: "Weighing the cow over and over again isn't going to change the results." We need less weighing and more time to teach. I guess I added to...
Quote: Originally Posted by merpk Jews believe in reincarnation. Our souls keep coming back until they fulfill every mitzvah, or until they reach a high enough 'level' that they're done with their job on this plane of existence and they don't have to come back anymore. So with each of my miscarriages I was reminded that the soul that came down to me only needed a short time to complete its tafkid, its purpose, and it must have been such an incredible...