or Connect

Posts by louis

Check out local harvest.org to find all available csas in the area first as st Louis has several to offer. Our family is on our third season with three rivers community farm and we really enjoy the variety and quality of our produce. Another one we have used in the past is la Vista CSS in Godfrey, il. They request that you volunteer at the farm monthy, which proved difficult for us as we live in st Louis city. If I can answer any more questions regarding csas in stl, let...
I did take fish oil through my last pregnancy and dd was born with a 13.5" head. Nothing remarkable there. But she is brilliant now. Haven't started fish oil yet this time as my brand has been discontinued but I am investigating eating chia seeds as a source of omega 3s instead.
I have told my DH, my sis, and a group of 6 women I met in a nursing moms group when our toddlers were all in their infancy. I see all of these women weekly and several of them I see a few times a week so I couldn't imagine not talking about it with them. One is currently pregnant and another just had a mc in February. We are waiting to tell our mothers on mothers day, we already took a photo of dd in a big sister tshirt and are making them into cards. Once my mom knows,...
I'm due December 13th too!
I am taking the new chapter prenatals as well. I took them throughout my last pregnancy and long into nursing my 19 mo and have always liked them. No upset stomach from them ever. I worked last time and kept the first two pills on my desktop to remind me to take them through the day and took the last one before bed. Now I am in the kitchen so often I just keep them on the counter to remember. They are pricey though. I normally buy them on amazon. It my local whole foods...
I love how many of your nurslings are older toddlers. I am in awe. DD is 19 months and has been a champion nursed since day one. I am currently in the process of weaning her for two reasons. I really need my body to myself for a short time before this LO arrives and we cosleep and want to transition DD to a big girl bed before baby comes which means no more night nursing. We are down to exclusively night nursing because I can't avoid it. DD can easily help herself to nurse...
How exciting that so many of are doing or considering home births! I dont remember there being so many in my last DDC. We had a home birth with DD and definitely plan to have one with this sesame seed. I am not comfortable in a hospital even when I am not the Patient so birth there is kind of my nightmare. I need to move and eat and avoid needles throughout my birth. Not sure if we will use the same midwife again. Actually in writing that sentence I think I just decided...
I figured I should take some advantage of my nigntly insomnia with this pregnancy to write my intro. I apologize in advance for any spelling and grammar errors as I will be doing most of my posting from my phone as I chase my toddler around. I am Louis and am currently five weeks pregnant with #2, planning a second homebirth. DH and I welcomed our little girl into the world in September 2010 so she will be 2 years 3 months older than this LO. This pregnancy occurred...
Aw Crafty, thanks for checking on me. I updated my post with news that baby was born and she's a girl! We had Ellis Mae September 15th at home. Since then, I have been scrambling with figuring out how to handle life with a newborn. Mothering has just fallen by the wayside, which makes me a little sad, so I happened to check out our ddc out tonight while Ellis is napping next to me. I cannot believe how hard this all is. She is healthy and all, and I am doing...
Congrats mama! And welcome Niairah Jade - beautiful name!