or Connect

Posts by Ola_

We used the Foogo stainless sippy. It does have some plastic parts though.
I agree on the cleaning. I noticed especially with this pregnancy that my gums are more sensitive and more likely to bleed while brushing/flossing so I would not skip your usual cleanings. In retrospect I should have done mine more often as well (I had one scheduled with a 9 month break instead of the typical 6 months because the hygienist didn't have much to do last time and the 9 months while pregnant was too long IMO).   I don't do dental xrays or anything that...
I agree, likely just a phase. My DD did that around 18 months old. We ended up doing lots of sponge-type baths in the bathroom sink, also bringing her in the shower with me. The shower thing seemed to work the best, especially when I needed to wash her hair. I would make a big game of her "washing" my hair and I'd giggle like mad and make silly faces when I was rinsing my head under the spray. Then I would giggle and make silly faces while we rinsed her hair too. It helped...
I can totally see how that wait would seem like forever. I think I would stick to the 7-10 day timeframe just because I think you're right that 2 days is not likely to change the result and then your doubts would only be magnified, it would not likely be reassuring at all. Hopefully in a week you can at least get a slightly more definitive answer.
So just to start, we're planning a homebirth with midwives and not a UC but here is how my thought process on this went. I was also debating on whether to test or not, fortunately our midwives are not particularly set on having you test and leave the choice up to you (they even have a little info pamphlet they gave me which basically said the benefits of testing/treating are not significant). However they did caution that if we had to transfer and baby was either born in...
I had a lot of supply problems with my first despite huge breast size increases (which I have this time too though it remains to be seen how the milk production thing goes). One of the things my midwife mentioned is that with this baby if I want I can start taking the same supplements as soon as baby is born instead of waiting to see if the supply will be an issue again. With the last we did both the herbal (fenugreek, blessed thistle, something else I think?) as well as...
DH got some tinker-toys type blocks for DD when she was around 2. At first she would just do basic things with them like put one stick into one block and do that until she ran out of either component. Now (she's 3) she is into building little structures and calling them things ("look mommy, it's an airplane!", "it's ice cream!") which they just slightly resemble. It's kind of neat how her creations are evolving. They're kind of like...
Yes, you can definitely just lay the prefold into the pocket, basically using the pocket as a cover. The only thing your MIL will need to make sure of is that she tucks in the prefold into the cover completely cause if any is sticking out (it can easily shift while you're putting it on baby) then it will wick moisture onto the clothes.   But I agree with the previous poster, I would just pre-stuff the pockets for her. I do that with all my pockets when they come out of...
This! Seriously, I think even if you keep helping them you should say something. I had to basically tell my MIL off because she kept giving me her opinion which I did not ask for. She may think they are just innocent comments or that she's (somehow) helping you with this "advice".
I found that even in my first pregnancy (baby #2 is due very soon) I had a very low tolerance for things that put pressure on my belly. I don't know if it was psychological or my body structure or what but I was wearing stretchy waistband pants in the first trimester cause other things just felt too tight.