or Connect

Posts by Ola_

My DD was much like this too. Fortunately she's the first so she had all my attention, we'll see how #2 is!   I could sometimes put her down for a minute or two (literally) in her crib and spin the ceiling fan and she'd watch it, but mostly I peed holding her on my shoulder unless someone was around to hold her for a couple of minutes. No way could I shower and even her naps were pretty short (I held her for most of them, sometimes sitting in a rocker reading, going for...
It may be different depending on where you live, but I find around here (Toronto area) seasonal stuff often goes on sale or even clearance before you need it. For example winter doesn't really start here till December usually (with snow and such) or even January, and by then boots and winter coats are often getting reduced in price.
I agree on the painkillers. In my research it seemed that ibuprofen is much harder to overdose on than tylenol so I preferred it. Also I would try to give a lower dose if it worked (i.e. for the weight range below the one that DD was currently in), we were able to do that for all but her 2 year molars at the end.   How many naps is he taking during the day? I recall that my DD went from 2 to 1 nap around 18 months old age (still doing 1 nap at 2.5 years now). The...
Definitely take it easy! This is my second pregnancy and I'm exhausted too, and I remember this from last time as well. It's funny to think back when during the second trimester I was going on the elliptical and doing lots of stuff - I can even imagine that now, but I know it will get better and I'll have more energy.
Well, this thread has been helpful in trying to figure out what to eat. I've been nauseous and either full or starving (never that happy middle ground). With my previous pregnancy I was eating veggies and carbs and that was the only thing my stomach could handle. Now I'm on a huge fruit kick (good season for it!) and no matter how many carbs I eat I keep feeling ravenously hungry till I get some protein. I'm not a big meat eater so I'm trying to get a good amount of...
Also, thanks for the tip to clear stuff out as you go. We also have the only baby in the family and very (sometimes too) generous relatives. With only one kiddo it's not as big of a problem, but now with #2 on the way (and maybe another after that) this is very good advice for me to stay on top of things!
What if you get some storage bins and put a bunch of the toys in there, leaving 1/3 or 1/2 (or whatever makes sense depending on the amount of toys you have) for them to play with? Then when they ask you can tell them that the other toys are in storage or taking a break or whatever and will be back later. Do you think that would go over okay? Then you can sort of swap stuff in, and when you add something "new" that isn't holding their interest then it can be your cue to...
It's worth a call to ask anyway, very nicely of course. Sometimes they have both or can get the one you want.
I would wait until you are done travelling. Frankly, some dogs have serious reactions, but even ones who don't are often unsettled and act funny for a couple of days after. And all the changes and stress during travel will be bad enough for him. Then again I'm not a stickler for the "rules" and one of my dogs hasn't had a rabies vaccine in years (mind you, he is 14 so his system really doesn't need the stress at this point). We don't do any other vaccines either, haven't...
I agree, definitely not too early! I'm 7 weeks and have been on the edge of my seat waiting to get confirmation about my midwife for the last two weeks (finally heard back this week, yay). It's such an important decision when you are the kind of person who wants to be involved in your own prenatal care.