or Connect

Posts by Ola_

I wonder if the reflux was/is painful for him and now he is associating feedings with that discomfort? Once he starts eating does he calm down or no? Perhaps the medication and the current formula are not helping with his reflux like they should and you need to try something else? I would bring that up to the doctor, maybe try feeding him when you are there to show them how he is acting so they can see it for themselves.   How about trying other things to calm him for...
Yes, you will definitely get some staining. Frankly I don't bother with sunning all the time, in my experience the stains do fade with time and washing, and when I'm about to put away a size that is now too small or am selling my diapers I sun them so they are nice and white then.   Something to try is doing a rinse before you wash them. So I do a cold rinse with nothing in it, followed by a hot wash with detergent. I think the cold water helps to not set the stains and...
I used a birthing stool with my DD. I did most of my labouring on all fours but the midwives suggested the stool for pushing (they bring it with them) and it was fine (unlike laying down which I tried for a very short time and it felt awful!). DD's head was in a bad position (forehead tilted up instead of chin to chest) so it took a long time to push her out. She did shoot out as soon as her head cleared and the midwife's assistant dived in and caught her head so it can be...
I will jump in too as we're planning a Christmas bed transition as well. DD will be 3 in March and we have baby #2 arriving in April. We do get her to fall asleep in her bed but I sit with her until she's out or she gets out of bed and gets all worked up and excited. Plus she is waking usually 1-2 times per night and at least one of those I have to sit there until she falls asleep again which is anywhere from 1.5-3 hours. I can't do that when I will have a newborn to take...
Umm, these are disposable diapers...  Ones not available in North America from the looks of it too.
I agree that in a family you share. Think of it this way - suppose you split your expenses in half but it was your partner who had a lower income, would you say "well, guess you'll be saving for that transition for a long time unless you get a better paying job! too bad"? Or would you rebalance how the income/expenses are handled to try and meet the needs of everyone in your family?
Our anatomy scan included screening the different parts of the heart as well as many other organs, so I'm not sure why they would want to do a separate one for it again. Do you have a history of heart defects in your family or something like that?   Also, I agree with you on not doing additional scans to check for growth. The 20 week anatomy scan covers all the major areas and is done at that time because they are developed enough to be able to see and evaluate. At that...
I'd definitely save them, though it may be a good opportunity to weed out things you don't really like or wear much anyway. And since you're not using them now you can get them packed early!   With DD I put on about 55 lbs but then lost 60 so I ended up buying some new clothes anyway, but it was nice to have clothes that fit (at least somewhat) during the weight loss since I wasn't trying to do it quickly.
I wipe every time. I figure it makes sense, I wipe myself each time I pee too, plus for a baby since the pee is on the diaper it touches a much larger area of their bum. What I do is spray the wipes with water when I'm about to use them - I spray half of it and leave the other half dry, that way I clean with one side and then flip it over and dry with the other side.   Are you able to give her bum air time? Just whenever she's doing tummy time or hanging out on the floor...
I got a MeLuna through a coop. It's a slightly different material and you have more options for what you use to clean them. Also more choices for stems, sizes, colours.