or Connect

Posts by LadyAlathia

Quote: Originally Posted by moondiapers The flu is an upper respiratory illness....like a cold on steroids. Maybe I'm just a weenie then, because I get all the UR stuff, plus puking. Killer gag reflex, I guess.
Get vax'd? What, and give up the chance to stay home, watch Daytime TV, drink ginger ale and be waited on hand and foot for three days? No thanks! Sure, you puke a lot... but after this pregnancy I'm QUITE used to that! I get the flu almost every year and it's never killed me.
My son's a month old, and we're reading "The Fellowship of the Ring". Hey, it's not like he's comprehending it, or going to remember, so it might as well be something I like to hear, right? ^_^ When he's a little older, 3 or 4, and ready to start learning how to read, I'm hoping to teach him with The Hobbit, like my daddy taught me. I'm kinda proud of the fact that at 4 years old I could read such words as "Khazad-Dum" and the like. My daddy was awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by thixle Maybe a fortune teller with a crystal ball painted on my belly? That's EXCELLENT!! You should TOTALLY do that. I don't think we're going to do halloween this year, since Ian's only going to be 2 months old... but NEXT year, my dachshund is going as a chili dog, and my son will either be a milkshake or a side of fries. We don't eat fast food, we just play it at Halloween.
I got this in an email from my midwife. This is bad. WAY bad. Just one more government step being made to order us to have a birth THEY want, rather than one WE want! They need to be stopped. American Association of Birth Centers Legislative Alert Payment Crisis Looming ~ Action Needed Immediately Dear Iain, We must get our message about the payment crisis out to Congress immediately and we need everyone to help! Over the...
Quote: Originally Posted by nummies And it was a fun fact that Frodo is turning 33. I always thought of him as a teenager/ young adult. 33 IS a young adult for a Hobbit. Just the way they reckon things, and how they grow and age, 33 is considered about equivalent to our 18 or 21 - it's their adulthood. He actually doesn't even start the journey until he's 50! and if you think THAT's bad, Aragorn is 87 - 88 years old during the...
I'm right there with you, OP! My son's name is Ian Bradley. My second son's name will be Arthur Myron. *shrug* Bradley is my husband's favourite uncle. Arthur is his grandfather's middle name. Sure, no one's going to swing from the chandeliers raving about how unique and special the kids' names are, but they'll also never have to know what it's like to go through school as "Alyson-with-a-'Y'". And the 61681357568468468 Haydens, Jadens, Aidens, and Cadens (with their...
I have Bored of the Rings... haven't read it yet, though. I inherited it from my husband. I wonder if he's realized I claim all his sci-fi books as my own...
Ooh, yay! I wanna play! I've already read Fellowship this year, but one more time upon the hundreds can't hurt. Oh, 18 years of obsession... now time to pass it on to MY little one. My father started me on The Hobbit when I was four years old... it can't hurt to read Fellowship to my one month old, right? :: Best. Line. Ever.: "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Quote: Originally Posted by Periwinkle GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Kate almost had me. ALMOST. Jon and Kate are talking about focusing more on family and getting back to basics, and she's talking about they need to spend more time with the kids. Then she said "we need to make memories." Um... what is it with her and her stupid making memories comments and getting a good photo comment. It bugs me it really does. It's very telling. Agreed....