or Connect

Posts by JohnnysGirl

Whew, what a relief!
I reas Life of Pi 9 years ago & remember practically nothing. Same summer read Sarah and Ahab's Wife and remember very much! I think it's hard for me to retain a lot from fiction unless the main character is someone I can really relate to emotionally! Bah!
That's what I meant, I thought that the whole thing of him just constantly working on a car and proclaiming himself to be obsessed with her didn't sound genuine OR seductive (& kind of odd and out of left field) & he wasn't that charming, relaxed etc as a person and it's hard to imagine Sybil running far off with him. No spark or anything happening much between them that seemed at all romantically charged.Maggie Smith gone? D'rn it! Add me to the list or those who liked...
Me, too. Never tried before. Maybe it will be fast, don't know, haven't started ttcing quite yet.Just wanted to say that I looked at your blog and my fiancé & I are also sick of house hunting constantly, and our list of desired specs are almost identical! What a coincidence.
I don't remember any Sharon & Victor romance but maybe I blocked it out from my memory. Nikki & jack again, huh? Since the 80s & the old jack, that's recycled for 3 decades now!
Clearing my apartment of clutter, so that it looks as open and spacious as possible for showings (to sell it, before buying a home with my DF quite soon and moving in together), has been an epiphany.  I LOVE the way each room feels to be in, when it's spacious and simple.  The simplicity.   Oh my goodness. SO easy to clean up and keep it clean so there's never a terrible feeling of huge-mess-that-will-be-a-huge-task-to-conquer, that in turn gives you mental clutter.  I...
  My ex husband and my husband-to-be both had mothers who stayed home, so both just felt more comfortable with the framework that I would also be a SAHM. I've never had a job since getting a degree from a prestigious university, never been interested in a 9-to-5 job, always very happy to homemake and mother my kids.  I have had quite a hole in my life the last four years as since my divorce, my boys were with their dad a lot and during those days, I was all alone.  And...
about the necklace idea....  it's a great one.  And don't just think necklaces, expand to cool, funky accessories of all types that are really *you.*  With fluctuating mama-bods, you gotta think outside of clothing items that depend on your waistline to fit right.   My favorite one is scarves.  A fabulous scarf can be the one statement piece in your whole outfit that really makes you feel put together and stylish.  The outfit itself can be solid colored basics that are...
I'll bump this every 6 months or so.  Maybe one of these years someone else will be posting from Finland and respond!  Here's hoping! 
great thread. I have struggled with food since before I became a mom. I guess since I was 17 & went on the pill and gained fifteen pounds. 15 years, sigh. I wonder if I can ever be relaxed about food or always mentally associate it with my muffin top, 25 times per day....