or Connect

Posts by jesbentink

Your story sounds so familiar to mine, and so many others I am sure! I had a c-section with my son april 07 due to a forced induction at 41 weeks, pushed for 4 hours(I was complete) and then had a c-section for no other reason but I had been pushing for a long time. I interviewed several OB's. One even had the nerve to ask me what my drive was behind wanting a vaginal birth...???WTH!?! I got pregnant when my son was 15 months old(my 2 births were almost 2 years apart). The...
I have a 10 month old after reading all of your posts I'm starting to dread weaning! My DS stopped wanting to nurse after only 2 months old so I was pretty determined to nurse for the first year with my DD. She took to it like a champ and then when I wanted to try to introduce a bottle(with breast milk) at 6 weeks she refused. I just wanted to be able to get away for a little while every now and again but she made it impossible. She still doesn't take a bottle well and no...
me too! Loose, frequent bowel movents, low appetite. I was having regular contractions for about 5 hours last night 6-8 min apart and 30-45 seconds long. I had an appt yesterday and was 3 cm, 50% effaced, engaged at -2 station with a bulging bag of waters. Had loss of mucous plug and small amount of bloody show. I thought for sure I'd get woke up with active labor last night. Not so much! I am still having contractions but not timing them...how annoying!
I really think you should listen to your gut on this one. It sounds as though you have done your research and know what you are doing. Don't let all the "baby's dying" stories scare you. Babies can die at all points in a pregnancy so I don't see why, at 42 weeks it would automatically mean that it was because you went too far post-date. I am in the same boat as you...had a c-section about 22 months ago with my son and I'm due March 18th. I'm assuming I will go late because...
I'm 34 weeks and planning an HBAC. I decided this early on in my pregnancy as I had the famous unnecessary induction ending in emergency c-section story. I cannot wait to have this baby at home without all the interventions!
I am due March 18 and planning an HBAC. I too worry about being stressed out as the due date gets closer. Mostly because my son was late and after being induced, fully dilated and pushing for 4 hours he was "stuck" in a posterior position in my birth canal. I am 30 weeks and my husband and I are starting a Bradley Childbirth class tonight actually. I'm hoping that it will show me lots of relaxation techniques so that I don't stress and close things up down there. I will...
I am 30 weeks pregnant(planning an HBAC) and my husband and I are starting our 12 week Bradley course tonight. I'm really excited and was wondering if anyone had any success stories from using Bradley.
I'd give her a chance. I recently had an issue where I was trying to get ahold of my midwife for a check up and I got frustrated and thought I decided to switch. Then once I talked with her and we met for our appt I realized that I was mis-judging the situation. Sometimes midwives have busy weeks(or bad weeks) and they have to sleep during the day or whatever. And I do believe that they will put priority on Moms that are in their 3rd trimester.
I just met with my midwife and feel much more comfortable. You never know what is going on in someones life so I should have waited to be skeptical before I saw her again. Anyway, thanks to all of you who replied!
Echinacea tinture 3 times per day and garlic ear oil 2 times a day works wonders for my son. I would triple the recommended dosage of probiotics when on any antibiotic(it has done wonders for my son when on one for recurrent tonsil infections). I would think again about removing all dairy from his diet, but minimal is good. most probiotics need dairy to thrive on in our bodies. My son had recurrent ear infections for a good year, on and off antibiotics. Once we started the...