or Connect

Posts by bluedaisy

Thanks everyone,   the TIG is made with human antibodies, the antiserum is made with horse antibodies.  I think there is more of a risk of an allergic reaction with the antiserum so that is why they suggest it should only be used when the TIG is not available.  It's also much cheaper - it cost me a whopping $7.50 so I think it's generally used in non Western countries because of the cost.  She still seems fine - the dr wanted to give her tylenol right after they...
UPDATE - we live in a foreign country which is why we had such a hard time finding the TIG...   Then, on top of everything our house was broken into on Sunday and our computers and internet router stolen, so I haven't been able to do as much research as I would have wanted to   I was able to find the tetanus antiserum - apparently the TIG is practically impossible to find in my country.  The antiserum is made with horse antibodies.  I REALLY did not like the idea of...
I still haven't been able to find the TIG....the wound looks ok and I keep putting on hydrogen peroxide which bubbles up nicely....   If I can find it I will give it her, if not I will keep dousing it with hydrogen peroxide and praying for the best...
UPDATE - when my daughter was going to bed, I asked her to pick off the scab that was starting to form (she loves picking scabs) and I was able to squeeze out a drop or two of blood which made me feel better. I also cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide again.   I also called a few places trying to find the TIG but i haven't been able to locate it yet
My 5 year old daughter was visiting a friend on her farm and she fell on a board that had a small piece of nail sticking out.  She got a small puncture wound on her leg - it's not very deep, but it didn't bleed at all.  I squeezed it a little to try and get some blood to come out because I know a wound that bleeds had little risks of tetanus, but no blood at all came out.  The wound looks very small now and the puncture part seems to be covered over with a scab.  She...
MAGNESIUM!!   there is a magnesium supplement called "calm" - we had terrible sleep issues with DD - I am sure there are lots of archives with my many posts asking for help.  DD would be awake for 1 or 2 hours several nights a week - she wouldn't cry or want to play, she just would toss and turn and couldn't settle to sleep.  IT also took FOREVER to get her to sleep each time - 45 minutes was average, but it could take up to 90 minutes or more.  SHe would look exhausted...
My favorite books:   the business of baby  http://www.amazon.com/The-Business-Baby-Corporations-Childbirth/dp/1451636083/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388174771&sr=8-1&keywords=the+business+of+baby   Simplicity parenting  http://www.amazon.com/Simplicity-Parenting-Extraordinary-Calmer-Happier/dp/0345507983/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388174812&sr=8-1&keywords=simplicity+parenting   Baby matters ...
No, thankfully none of us did!   the crazy thing was that DD got chicken pox exactly two weeks after getting the mumps - (poor girl!  but it was also very mild and now she is immune to both of them)  Ds was definitely exposed both times - he was 20 months at the time and our house is not that bad, it just wasn't possible to keep him away from her.  But he didnt get either the chicken pox or the mumps!  I was completely convinced he was going to develop the chicken pox...
Hi happilymama2, thanks for the concern!  DD is recovered and it was very mild - she had one day of a mild fever (101-102) where she literally slept the whole day (from noon until the next morning, waking up a few times for 30 minutes or less).  The next day she was acting fine but still had swelling and a sore cheek - no fever, ate a little.  By Friday she was acting and eating normally, slight swelling and soreness but not bad.   The incubation period is two weeks so...
My 4 year old DD has the mumps (there was a case in her school) and I'm guessing my 20 month old DS will get it too - any suggestions for natural treatment and relieving the discomfort?  Thanks!