or Connect

Posts by herdingkittens

"Nee-see".  A verb and a noun - as in "I want to nee-see" and "I want to see your nee-sees!"  
i was due on the 5th.  have not heard anything from my midwife yet about any next steps.  although i had 1 week and  3 week late babies before..... 
another vote for the book "pushed", also "homebirth" by kitzinger.  my husband was not too comfortable with homebirth, but was open to to it.  after me reading and educating myself, and discussing with him (not trying to force it on him, but talking about the things i was reading), he was totally sold.  he even brought up the topic with both our families and defended it quite well (when I was thinking of not saying much at all yet to them ).   we did watch TBOBB (a...
How about a nice hot epsom salts bath and a cup of tea when your husband gets home?  Have someone pick up a big stack of fresh library books for you to read to those little ones if you cannot make it out.  Use these last days to cuddle up with them and keep it simple.     I hear you.  I am coming down with a cold and this baby is so low, I feel like there is a piece of paper holding him from coming out.  I forced myself out of the house for a walk with the children...
yeah, and only fresh will do - the canned stuff doesn't cut it.   let's all toast with a nice hot cup of raspberry leaf tea, then!  
Joining in...looks like this is more common than we think!    I woke up 3 nights ago having contractions 2-3 minutes apart for two hours!!!  then i went to sleep, and they were random after that.    oh, well.... i think i'll focus on:       I must say, though, that pineapple always is a craving for me right before labor!!!!  yum!!!!!!!
 poor thing!  there should be a law against that.....
a few minutes.  
I either nursed mine to sleep at the same time on the EZ to nurse twin pillow, or wore mine to sleep (which proved to be great for my legs and back! ).  Can you wear one on your back and nurse one in front while walking?  Hardly relaxing for you, but I do remember doing that and often times I'd put the sleeping nurser down and the one on my back ended up falling asleep from the walk.   I did have a swing in our room for a short time, and that occasionally worked to...
we used a paci with ours when they were very small (although not until they were nursing well - maybe like after a month or so).  i used them for those in between moments - like nursing them to sleep in bed and then popping one in so i could get up, and they could still suck a little in their sleep. but mainly when i needed to drive somewhere and they were in the car seat.  i stopped using them early on so we never had any attachment to paci issues.  basically i used...