or Connect

Posts by JMJ

Sarahsmiles, I think this might be what you're looking for: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1380111/charting-to-avoid-spring-2013
  To clarify my statement, I misunderstood the following statement to mean that his previous marriage was only a civil marriage, not a marriage in the Church:     If a baptized Catholic marries outside of the Catholic Church without permission, it's not a valid Sacramental marriage. With the new information given that he was indeed married inside the Church though not practicing his faith at the time, I do believe that the process would still move, but it's not quite as...
Hebaume, we're explaining to our almost 4-year-old that the pope is in charge of the Church kind of like Daddy is in charge of our family, and our pastor is in charge of our parish, and you could point out other authority figures in her life. We talk about virtues a lot as part of developing discipline. It helps us to talk about how she needs to work on being obedient to us, and we also work to be obedient to religious and civil authorities, including the pope. We pray for...
Welcome! Normally you would have fertile signs up until you ovulate, and then the fertile signs end around the time of ovulation. If you were still experiencing signs of fertility, it is possible that you were still fertile. What you are experiencing now could be implantation bleeding or any number of other hormonal disturbances. Most pregnancy tests would not be able to detect a pregnancy until a few days after implantation, so give it a few more days, and if your...
owlhowl, I do not take folic acid even when I am TTC, but I make sure to always get enough folate. Especially for women with certain genes, folic acid is not as well processed and used as folate, and it interferes with the body's absorption of folate. That aside, I do think that it is good to keep one's body prepared to conceive at all times, and that is one thing that I love about NFP.
HouseofPeace, were you here previously under a different name? Your picture looks familiar. Welcome back!
Pickle, I'm seeing claims both ways. A lot of fertility teas include green tee for its antioxidant properties, but then I'm also seeing references to the study that I'm guessing you're talking about that shows that daily/weekly green tea consumption lowers estrogen. My own experience is marred by too many confounding factors to say much of anything. Before having any children, I had scant mucus, pretty much all the time the same thing, and hardly any EWCM, but after...
Usually green tea is reported to increase CM, not decrease.
Hugs. It sounds like your husband's case was pretty clearly never a sacramental marriage, so the process should move. Previous 'marriages' create difficulty for many, many people who are trying to convert/revert to the Catholic Church. You can look at it as a barrier to you becoming Catholic, or you can look at it as a beautiful thing that the Church does to protect marriage. It may not feel so beautiful right now when it feels like you are prevented from being both...
... but you know what I'm going to say... Wait for the sustained thermal shift... unless you want to bend the rules and increase your chances of getting pregnant... your choice! But the rules are pretty much about sustained thermal shift, though if peak day was before the temp rise, you could count three non-consecutive days of post-peak thermal shift by CCL's rules.