or Connect

Posts by JMJ

Welcome Morgan and Gremco!   Our Lent is going well so far. With my oldest being almost 4, we're having such a fun time learning and discussing theological topics in ways we couldn't before.
Still stalking you all... My baby is 11 months, still tandem nursing and no signs of fertility, and I'm pretty sure there will be no signs of fertility until I gain at least a few lbs, which isn't going to happen any time soon as I keep cutting more foods out of my diet for my baby with allergies. So, unless I've grossly underestimated my body, I'll just keep stalking you all for the next year while I wait for AF to return.
We have been married for a little over 5 1/2 years and have used NFP (including Ecological Breastfeeding) the entire time. We have two beautiful children who were each conceived the first cycle we switched from CTA to TTC. The Kippley's resources give the most complete information to pick from a number of rules sets to give a couple options for increasing effectiveness or decreasing abstinence. The only area in which I feel that it is lacking is when it comes to CM. The...
MelissaMarie, you might consider looking into Creighton, or alternately Billings and taking a class. Creighton especially has ways of analyzing the quality of CM in order to determine fertility based on much more than just CM being absent or present, but the detail is far more extensive than can just be described in a forum like this. Creighton users who receive private instruction enjoy about a 98-99% method effectiveness for preventing pregnancy. Billings is also...
Congratulations, slammerkin!
My son is 11 months old. He has had a number of allergy or allergy-like reactions with mucusy, green stools, sometimes a bit of blood, a red ring around his anus, and a serious diaper rash every time there is a flair-up, which includes every time he gets sick of any sort. While he was exclusively breastfed, I eliminated gluten, dairy, corn, and soy and reduced all grains significantly, and it's almost all better, mustardy yellow poop except for when he's sick, just a...
When I make saurkraut, I pack it really tight, so tight that the cabbage juice is the only liquid that I need to cover it in liquid. Then, by the time I ferment it for months, there's not a whole lot of liquid left. When I repack it to put it in the fridge, it's hard to repack it so tightly and repack it every time I take some out so that it minimizes exposure to air. Is it possible to add some sort of brine in the repacking process? How would you go about doing that?...
  Congratulations!!!
Awesome! Thank you!
  I haven't been in the position of bringing up somebody's abortion with them in conversation, but I do a lot of pro-life work, so I run into it a lot. Some of the best has been in my work for 40 Days For Life. When I'm standing in the back of the church after Mass, asking for volunteers to go pray in front of an abortion facility, it's pretty clear where I stand. Mostly, it opens up conversations about how to best protect life, and it helps to be open to hearing many...