or Connect

Posts by JMJ

tinybutterfly, there are several Catholic rites that are in full communion with the pope, but the prayers of the Mass are different, as are the calendar and the disciplines (fasting, etc). The Byzantine rite is one of these, formed by Byzantine Orthodox who returned to full communion with Rome while retaining their own traditions.
P&L, it's good to "see" you! Prayers that the anullment process will be a source of healing.   dejagerw, I have done very little so far since my oldest is 3, but we talk about specific virtues and talk about how to practice them, concrete ways in their own lives of how they could use these virtues, encouraging them that virtues will help them get to heaven.   rightkindofme, thanks for stopping in. If you are interested in anything about our perspective, please...
TBM, sorry to confuse you. I'm glad you finally found us. I don't know much about the Byzantine Rite, but their faith is pretty much the same: Catholic, faithful to the Magisterium. We have some local Maronites that are absolutely wonderful to visit.   We just got back from our trek through (among other places) Oklahoma and the community there. It was a wonderful trip. If only we knew what God wants of us. Prayers for discernment, please.
Dreamingtree, I know it's a little late now, but a blood HCG test would be likely to detect an early miscarriage if you had it right as soon as your period started, but not long after. I did that once a couple days after my period started when I thought it might be an early miscarriage, and I still didn't get any firm answers. Hugs. I know how hard it is to not know for sure.   MamaBookworm, CM is not affected by getting up at night, and if you're just getting up...
Haha, mt_gooseberry.  We actually do have family in MT, but I'm not sure I could ever live in that kind of cold weather.
Wisconsin is another place we kinda consider.  I really admire Bishop Morlino's boldness.  There's a man who is not afraid to tell it like it is.  The biggest issue is that our families are all out West.  Anybody know of any great communities in Colorado or Idaho?
Here's another link: http://www.clearcreekcommunity.org/   The only major problem is that it often seems that contemporary worship is accompanied by less than faithful adherence to the teaching of the Magisterium.  It's not true everywhere.  I know, for instance, that Steubenville is both quite contemporary and quite faithful, but I don't know where else.  The faithful part is what is most important to us as well, and moving away from family is also one of our...
  We're actually really looking into this.  I think the next step is to contact somebody from there.  DH has a class in OK next month, and it looks like we might make a detour to check this place out.  Honestly, the way things are going, the more we think and pray about it, the more we wonder if God is calling us to protect our consciences and our children by going and living under the poverty line on a farm someplace where we can grow/raise/hunt/gather most of what we...
Lactatinggirl, strictly speaking, while you are still in lactation amenorrhea, you do not qualify for LAM for the reason that your daughter is over 6 months old.  There aren't as many studies that would give you great information on how effective ignoring fertility signs is beyond 6 months.  You'd likely have about a 5-10% chance (best guess 6% using eco BFing with no attention to fertility) of viable pregnancy before your first PPAF.  Paying attention to fertility and...
I just heard about it.  Do any of you know anything about Catholic homesteading families moving next to the Clear Creek Abbey in OK?  Of anything similar in the Western US?  (in vax/homebirth friendly states) http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=20080323_1_A1_spanc15125 http://www.devinrose.heroicvirtuecreations.com/blog/2010/07/12/monastic-neighborhoods/ http://catholichomesteadingmovement.freeforums.org/