or Connect

Posts by JMJ

Having 2 kids needing my attention has definitely decreased my computer time, so I haven't had as much time to read, much less time to type.  Mt_gooseberry, yeast can do quite a number on your CM.  I wouldn't trust anything except temp while having a yeast infection.
I once heard a mother speak with sorrow about how she was unable to breastfeed her little girl and then speak with pride about how they had scraped together then money for the more expensive brand of formula that was provided by the hospital rather than relying on some generic brand.  She wanted to give her daughter the very best that she could.  She took the free samples as a sign of the hospital endorsing the formula as the best out there, and spent a small fortune to...
    I think that for the most part, we agree.  I think that the hospitals are more culpable in the matter, and I definitely support the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative, and as a consumer, I use the only Baby-Friendly hospital in my state as my back-up for births and encourage anyone I know who is planning a hospital birth to consider that hospital first.  That said, I think that the WHO's guidelines for marketing breast milk substitutes are not bad.  Even in our...
    Excellent point!  The petition reads:   It is a petition asking three formula companies to cease to use this type of advertising and to comply with WHO guidelines for formula marketing.  It is not about governments telling companies how to do business.  It is calling a spade a spade and telling these formula companies that what they are doing is unethical and asking them to stop, for the good of children.  All these arguments for choice for women and businesses...
Yes, it is cervical mucus and is very normal.  It is caused by he increase in estrogen just before ovulation.  The cervical mucus nourishes sperm so that they can live for several days when normal vaginal conditions would only allow them to live for a matter of hours.  It's definitely something that prepares for conception, and ovulation normally happens around the end of the discharge.  Implantation would happen about a week-10 days after that.
OK, here's the new thread.
This is a support thread for mothers who are attempting to live according to the teachings of the Catholic Church.  It was formerly the "traditional Catholic" thread.  Terms are difficult.  There seems to be no great answer to what term to use to describe us.  "Simply Catholicism" is a term from Cardinal George (former president of the USCCB), used to try to get away from Liberal/Conservative political terms, because the Church is not about politics.  It is about faith. ...
I think we need a new thread.  I'm not sure where everybody went.  I've been missing my online crunchy Catholic mamas recently.  My son was born last month and Baptized on Easter.  We've been blessed recently.  I was wondering... if there are any other Catholic mamas still out there... if any of you have ideas on how to get together IRL with other Catholic families who have lots of children.  There are 3 other Catholic families that we're trying to get to know better,...
The timing of your return to fertility with previous children tends to be a quite good indicator of when your fertility will return with subsequent children.  However, there are many things that can change this.  If you formula feed one child and breastfeed another, you are likely to have a longer period of infertility.  If you don't breastfeed ecologically with one child and do with another, you are likely to experience a much longer period of infertility.  If you gain...
Hugs, Butterflymomma.