or Connect

Posts by SilverWillow

I think it's great that some people and their kids enjoy being in the paper. Of course my kid enjoyed it, but this group used an image of my child's face to promote their business. They made MONEY off her whether she minded or not; they didn't care to ask her or me for permission. Frankly, I don't understand the resistance here to *some* parents having an issue with stuff like this. it bothers me. so what? To me this is an issue of my kid's rights to some sort of...
Quote: Originally Posted by tbone_kneegrabber you can take pictures of anyone, anytime, anywhere, unless you are tresspassing and then the issue is tresspassing not photographing. You just are suppose to make money off of pictures w/o consent, although, as mentioned earlier, that is a gray area if your are famous! but if you are nude in your house and have your shades open and I am on the street adn see you, I am legally allowed to take your picture...
One time the organization running a workshop DD (then age 4) attended allowed a local paper to come take pictures of all the kids without my knowledge or consent. They published a close-up shot of her along with her first and last name as well as the location of the building the workshop was being held, on the FRONT PAGE of our local paper. That's how I found out she was photographed. I was furious. People make stupid decisions about the images they take of our...
Quote: Originally Posted by _betsy_ Maybe try being more playful? "Ka-booom! Oops! Silly floor! It made your feet stumble!" (Go over the the spot where she tripped, bend down low and put your hands on your hips, inspect the floor) "Try not to do that again, you silly floor! I don't want it to be me next!" (Get up and start to walk away, but stumble) "SIlly floor! You tripped up my feet!" Surely, your child will be laughing half way through. And if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Valval After lurking for a full 6 months this is what makes me register. It's little half-pint of apple cider half drunk. No dairy, just produce . My little brother was my "Bud" until he died. Remember that doll "My Buddy"? "My buddy, my buddy, wherever I go, he goes..... my buddy and me like to climb up a tree..." We (my father and myself) used to ask him if he was our buddy all the time. It started with some...
I would cancel. We get enough germs to stimulate our immune systems by accident. Why ask for it? flu is sometimes dangerous. but I must admit to having germ anxiety. so YMMV.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jennifer Z Wow, somebody who has the same experience, nearly exactly. My second is "high needs" and intense by almost anybody's standards, and I get comments on it from proffessionals who work with special needs kids and laypeople alike, but she is EASY compared to my first. I don't think people understand who have not been through the intensity of YEARS of severe sleep deprivation and having to somehow continue...
magstphil: thanks for the link! that info now lives on my refrigerator door.
[QUOTE=AverysMomma;14065131 1. Be careful, because judgment and anger are poison to your soul, and 2. try not to ever have a bad day....because it stinks when you do and people glare at you when everything is going wrong and your kid is crying and you're running late, etc. I'll tell you, I don't know how the universe works, I wouldn't pretend to KNOW if there is such a thing as getting back what you put out...but I try, just in case, to put out good energy..I...
good question. if someone had offered to help, I think it would have depended on the day. some days I just fell into a pit of despair and self-pity (not proud of it, but it's true) and I might have taken it the wrong way and snapped. other days I would have probably cried with gratitude. other days I would have cheerfully said "thank you SO much!" and asked them to grab a few things off the shelves within reach of where they were standing, and promised to pass the...