or Connect

Posts by SilverWillow

[QUOTE=seraone]I'm new to the site and have seen lots of posts on vaccinating. I've never heard of parents not vaccinating. Not that I think either way is right or wrong, but in WI, your child cannot attend school unless they have all of their vaccinations, and you have to show proof of it before the first day of class. I'm just curious about where you all live and if you have similar laws? I really didn't know I had a choice, I get nervous every time my daughter gets...
Quote: Originally Posted by andrea because Im so ashamed of what a crappy mother I must be to have created such a broken little girl. andrea, just want to let you know that this is a very common scenario in our house too. my daughter (age 5) rages for hours over similar requests and becomes aggressive if I try to come near her (or even if I don't, sometimes). the only thing that works is letting her work through it for a loooong time until...
Quote: Originally Posted by NoHiddenFees DD1 can't be parented by the books; heck on more than one occasion she has sat down and skimmed through a couple of them (occasionally loooking up at me contemplatively and nodding her head). * She goes ballistic when someone paraphrases what she's saying. * Hates having her emotions named for her * Talking about an upset makes it worse, as does talking about something else; she HAS to work through what's...
. I'm not really feeling safe putting information on my kid or my feelings in this forum or anywhere else on mothering after witnessing the heated debates on giftedness here. it's not what I'm here for. will be requesting account deletion immediately and moving on to somewhere I feel accepted. good luck to all and take care!
a baby crawls around in pants like that, people know he's not afraid of anything! very cunning indeed. I've knitted 3 jayne hats this week myself!
very very cute - love the stripes. what yarn did you use?
My daughter had seizures between the ages of 1 and 2 years old. It's just awful. But it is NOT your fault. My husband and I definitely played the blame game when we were going through the worst part of it, too; I agree it's probably a pretty common response. I'm hoping he's apologized to you for it already, though.