or Connect

Posts by Peggy O'Mara

It's Friday!
This may be too simplistic, but has your son had a nutritional work up? Is it possible he's deficient in magnesium or something like that? Or, an allergic reaction? 
La Limena, this must be hard for the leaders and scouts to come to terms with. I admire you for working within the organization for change. I'm curious as to how you leaders have dealt with this and if you talk about the decision with your scouts. I would imagine that a decision like this would be strongly influenced by the old guard in the Boy Scouts, as you say, and especially because the Boy Scouts is an institution, always slow to change unfortunately.   Do you...
You know, this makes a lot of sense. You have time now to find the perfect place. I know I was always falling for fixer uppers and it's significant that your DH took a pause on the amount of work. Now, you have time to check out the area more and see what else is out there. Sounds like you've got some options in terms of being able to fix a place up as well as put some money into it so you're in a really great place.   We used to joke at the magazine about articles...
I remember interviewing Dick Moskowitz, MD, years ago and he said something regarding vaccinations that stayed with me for years, "I have more questions than answers." So, while we look for facts to base our vaccine decision on, there are often more questions than answers. And, each of us looks at the facts differently because of our personal experience with disease and other vaccines.   Public health folks will see the benefit of vaccines for the whole population,...
Yowee, that sounds awful, especially as you have been trying to be so accommodating to the day care provider. Who calls you like that at work with an emergency? Crazy behavior. There just has to be another option. But, now it's Monday. What happened? Are you fired? Did you find another option? Can you find another job at hours where there are more providers? What kind of choices do you have? No family around? Do you have a friend who can help temporarily? I'm sure you've...
Lengthy vacation, how delicious! Where did you go?
Cool about the area. Any news on the house?
So nice to hear so many of you thankful for good marriages and good relationships. What a blessing.   I'm grateful today for the beautiful weather, the birds chirping, watering the plants.    I'm grateful today for being able to look at the world and people in trusting way.   I'm grateful that I had the energy to clean out the cellar over the weekend. It just makes me happy thinking of it and now am eager to fill it with goodies, like canned...
Yeah!!! Jumping up an down with joy. Healthy little girl. Tangled up in the cord, well, guess she had her own plan for coming out. I'm so glad it was relatively gentle on you. Glad you're home safe with your Lovies. Blessings to you and your family.