or Connect

Posts by Peggy O'Mara

It's easier for me now as an older person to look back and see the process. I thought as a younger person that as soon as I thought of something, I should be able to implement it. Now I know that change doesn't happen that way. We have to think about making a change for a while, make the change and then it takes time to implement the change. They say that the best indicator of being able to change is the ability to start over. Think of the person who quits smoking. If...
Of course. Thank you, Mosaic.
You'll like Buerque, as we like to call it. Lots of what you like going on there. There's an Edible Communities publication that serves ABQ, Santa Fe, and Taos and they often have info on sustainable living stuff and events.    Just over looking at Amanda Soule's blog again. Really, who could ever compare to her???
There are so many ideas of what AP is just on this thread. Where do we get these ideas, I wonder? Are they from our own experiences of being judged by others or from our own strivings for perfection with our kids, our own internal pressure?   I love something that people in LLL used to say, "Take a mother where she is." A lot of us don't start out AP but learn through example or exposure to others. As humans, we're imitators so we do what we see and if we've never...
Thanks for the good discussion of this important topic.   While I agree that many come here for non-mainstream information, our community includes those who vaccinate on schedule as well as those who don't or who do so selectively and/or on their own timing. I don't want to leave any members of our community out and think that having a sub-forum, Vaccinating on Schedule, gives credibility to this option in our community.   Our choices for sub-forums seem to...
We're talking about renaming the Vaccination Sub-Forums over at Technical Issues and Information and it would be helpful to have an idea of the Vaccine Choices in our Mothering community so that we can provide the appropriate and most helpful sub-forums.   Here is a poll to help us know better how to serve you. It's confidential and private and only for the purpose of determining the most appropriate sub-forums of offer our community. Thanks in advance for...
As someone who grew up when Chickenpox and MMR were common childhood illnesses, I would support your decision to pause on these vaccines. I think you're also asking about trusting your intuition here and choosing selective vaccines. You've noticed that your son may be on the spectrum. You have other worries about possible affects from the disease, but those are uncommon. Sterility is rare from mumps. It's not proven that the MMR does or does not cause autism, but there...
Good advice, Mummoth. 
Seems like you could do better with home daycare that what you describe. I don't see any reason why home daycare has to be a compromise. As Natalie 12 says, they can be a good place. Do you have any other options to explore?
Seems like it would work out about the same electricity wise, assuming the water usage in your new, smaller dishwasher is also half of the bigger one. So, doing one load a day would probably be fine. Can you check with the manufacturer, see if they have an FAQ online?