or Connect

Posts by Peggy O'Mara

This is just so amazing. We're going to keep the thread up for a bit longer because it just rocks so much.
You're right, herbsmd, I shouldn't dismiss cities out of hand. Chicago is also a great example of a cool city. I went to college in Milwaukee, Marquette and UWM, so know the city well but not for a long time. So, I don't associate it with pollution air because back in the day there were more factories. Glad to know so much cool stuff is going on there as it is a beautiful city by the lake and you're right that the lake itself helps to clean the air. And, it's good, as...
Congratulations on your pregnancy, RachaelM! And, on getting out of the house early, Witty.   I'm happy that my house is clean, my grass mowed. I'm grateful for repairs on the house. The weather feels like rain. My children are safe, healthy and happy. Life is good.
OK, now I'm salivating with hunger reading these new posts!!   Once I had dinner at a conference with Karen Pryor who wrote the classic breastfeeding book, Nursing Your Baby, Karen was a behavorial scientist and she recommended that I notice what makes me salivate as I was reading the menu as a guide to what to order. Check it out!    I had a nice buffet yesterday for a few friends and family: Pate' with cornichons, capers, thinly sliced red onions (with...
Good point, queenjane. Labels do help us find friends of like mind. They do tell us about the values of a group. I liked that about LLL when I was a new mom, I knew where they stood and that I could find compatible moms there. And, AP does that now and I think Holistic Moms does too. More than, as you say, jane, parents of multiples.    Maybe we use labels more when we're first figuring things out for ourselves. I remember that I wore my hippie uniform of jeans (or...
Amazing numbers. May this be all of the US one fine day soon!! 
I think your son is more on the extreme end, too, sorry to say. Would it help to take a look at his biochemistry? Here's a great place, Pfeiffer Institute, that does that. Maybe they can recommend someone in your area. I assume you're taking a look at his diet. Is he eating any foods with food dyes or food additives? Do you know about the Feingold Diet? Any blood sugar issues with your son? I hope you can reach out for some sensitive help in figuring out your son. Your...
Clean air is important here. Can we say that Milwaukee and NYC, for example, have clean air?
Just give it time.
Basil sprouts. I want to try that!   How about a cream sauce for the pasta? I used to make a pasta sauce with sour cream and parmesan and butter. Are you making pesto with the garlic and olive oil, adding basil, nuts or other greens? I had a pesto with green garlic that was good. And, have used walnuts rather than pine nuts.    I have been loving green bean salads lately. Steamed green beans, white onion finely diced, olive oil, white vinegar, salt and pepper....