or Connect

Posts by ilovemygirl

Thanks for the replies :) They usually wake up around 6:30am and are up until 8:30. They only nap for an hour. Then they are up until 1:30 or so when they take another 1 hour nap. They are up until bedtime at 7:30 after that.  It doesn't seem like enough daytime sleep to me but I can't find a way to get them to sleep longer or at different times. 
I don't have time to read the replies but my thoughts would be that everything being equal IVF babies are no different than any other babies - I mean it's ridiculous to compare the naturally conceived baby of a healthy 24 year old couple with a 44 year old couple with health issues doing IVF.  But compare a 35 year old couple doing IVF and a 35 year old couple conceiving naturally and I can't see how there would be a difference. Although I actually wonder if IVF babies...
I have ten month old twins. They both still want to go back to sleep just an hour or so after waking up. They make it two hours tops before desperately needing to sleep again. It's not really a problem I guess but does this seem normal? They are sleeping decently at night for the most part, are healthy, etc. What is/was your baby's nap schedule like getting closer to a year old?   Thanks!
My quick backstory is that I suffered infertility for many years. I finally got pregnant with dd - great pregnancy, great birth, instant desperate love for her, and great years of fun with her as an only.    I then got pregnant with twins. I had the exact opposite experience. My pregnancy was very hard, my birth was awful. I don't feel like I've bonded well with either of the babies. Both of them are much higher needs than my first ever was. They are close to a year old...
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I wish I had some great advice for you but the truth is I just came to this forum looking for some for myself. I have three kids and I homeschool. Two of them are infant twins though. I have talked to my seven year old dd about how mommy "doesn't feel well". I don't think she really understands in terms of depression/mental health but I hope it was reassuring to her that I love her and I'm not acting like this because of anything...
I do not dislike being "dependent" on my husband for money. I kind of find that term insulting actually. My husband is dependent on his job for money. I do a job too ... a pretty hard one. My kids are dependent on me as their mother and my pets dependent on me as their caretaker. Everyone is dependent on someone/something. Even if you are independently wealthy, you are dependent on the stock market, banks and stability of your society in general.  I'm sure there are tons...
We have activites through our church, library (love, love, LOVE the library), and paid classes like yoga class and gymnastics class. All of this is with kids from the neighborhood/town/community -whatever you call it. They almost all go to school.  I do actually live in an area that has a huge homeschool community because we are a no regulation state. We don't do most of the homeschool stuff though. It's nothing against anyone but we have already found so many other...
I think this is about deciding how best to meet the needs of EVERYONE in your family rather than homeschooling. Schooling isn't necessary and/or required until age 5 at the bare minimum and in most states it's first grade or 7 years old. Just considering it for what it is - having your three or four year old baby at home with you instead of in childcare- might really take some of the pressure off.    My advice would be to really think about what will work for your...
My twins are only nine months so I don't have any experience with this yet. We are going to a party for two year old b/g twins. I bought two gifts. Can I put them in the same gift bag?  I know a lot of people get upset about combining things for kids and don't want to make a faux pas but on the other hand I've been sick and busy with three kids and just realized I have nothing else to wrap them with.