or Connect

Posts by ilovemygirl

Thanks so much for the replies. It's good to know that there are mommies out there that are doing this and making it work. My main concern is that I'll be a zombie all day from sleep deprivation. I do so much with dd now and I'm sure I won't have the energy to do half of it once I start working. I worry that even though she'll still be getting all this time with me that it won't be quality time. I don't know if that makes any sense?
Could you maybe let me know what it's really like? I'm thinking of taking a job working 3-11pm, four or five days a week. My two year old wakes up around 6:30-7am. It's sounds great in theory (we could really use the money and both dh and I would still have a lot of time with dd and save a bundle on daycare) but it's sounds exhausting & frustrating in practice (little sleep or time to do anything else). I'd really appreciate any advice or tips you may have...
It looks like this thread hasn't been very active lately but I'd love to join and talk to someone. I totally understand it but I've been made to feel a little lousy a couple of times when I talk about ttc #2, like I'm being insensitive of women who are still waiting for #1. So it would be great to chat with someone in the same boat. I have one dd who is almost two and I am getting ready to do an IVF this summer.
Quality over quantity is definitely important in my opinion. I'm definitely concerned about it again this time around. I had 16 eggs retrieved and 13 made it to embryos with ICSI. Only 3 made it to day 3 for transfer, we lost all the rest. We implanted all 3 but it was really only one of them that looked well enough to make it and I got pregnant with one baby. Three hours is a long time. I hope you find someone closer although it's always a shame to give up someone you...
crazyrunningmama .. I hope it's a quick 2ww with a happy ending! jasminewb .. GL with the new protocol. I'm not a fan of bcp's either. Sorry you have to take them. soulshine .. I do remember that about the meds. I was so worried about the shots but by the second or third cycle I was so used to them I wouldn't even flinch. I've been considering doing acupuncture. How do you like that? Is anyone doing anything else like vitamins, herbs, etc?
I'd like to join in. I also just started a monitoring cycle and all the prep to do an IVF sometime this summer probably in July or August. I finally conceived my dd after years of treatments by doing IVF with ICSI and assisted hatching. We are going straight to the same thing this time around. It's amazing how much I've forgotten. I think I deliberately purged everything about ttc from my brain.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota's Mom I can't believe how judgmental some of you are being towards this child. She ate what she had to eat to avoid getting sick. If you were hiking 4 + miles a day, you would eat the calories as well. She feels bad about it or she wouldn't have told her mother. If she wanted to eat the food, she would have just lied about it. Come on folks, give the kid a break. And the school said they would honor her needs. It...
Quote: Originally Posted by SAHDS Sorry, I have to chime in with my usual "don't ever use percentages to work out what you can afford" bit. Too much depends on different variables. Say someone makes $100k/year so they're netting about $6(ish). Even if their housing is $3k (which is a whopping 50%) they are still left with more money ($3k) than if another person was making $50k/year (netting 3k) and only spending 20% on housing ($600) being left with...
Anyone???
I just found out more about this. It is a cooperative program with a medical center. The school would accept the religious exemption but the medical center wouldn't. It seems like titers can be done for everything but tetnus and the TB tests. I'm really unsure of what to do, especially since I will be ttc again soon. I am so against vaccines for so many reasons but I also feel like this career could mean so much to my family that it might be worth it to take the chance....