or Connect

Posts by ilovemygirl

I named my first -a singleton- probably before I was even pregnant. It fit her perfectly when she was born and still does years later. I decided on names for the twins - halfway through my pregnancy now- a few weeks ago. We are having two girls and I think we will go with the first one out gets name A and the second one out gets name B.  I'm a little nuts about being prepared for everything. We are so used to calling the babies these names that I can't imagine they...
I'd like to join in. I am due on 6/4/13 with di/di twin girls. They will be my second and third. So I'm 25 weeks now and feeling okay other than some bad sciatic, hip and pubic pain.    Congrats to you all!
We really just use the story times and borrow lots of books but I couldn't agree with you more. The library is AWESOME!   We get lots of books for cheap at the monthly book sale as well. 
We went with almond and other nut milks from the time dd was one and a half or so. She has a dairy allergy. She still loves almond and hemp milk the best. She's a healthy six year old now. I like to make my own nut milk but I do buy the organic no sugar added whole foods brands to have on hand. 
  I'm not comparing toddlers. I realized it wasn't in my original post so I wrote a second post where I made very clear that I am talking about older children. And yes, I feel a school age child who has reached the age of reason (which is seven) should be capable of knowing it's wrong to harm another and never doing so. Barring a medical issue or impairment this should not just be known by the child but I believe it should be expected of them. My frustration is coming...
  I wonder what kind of message this sends to the child who was hit without provocation. Not to be dramatic but ... If you were sitting at your desk at work and a coworker just walked over and punched you in the face and your boss handled it by saying to the other person they should go sit and reflect on it a minute and told you this is a normal part of work that isn't fair but you should accept anyway - how would you feel? In GD and hopefully just in life, we respect our...
I went a little cheesy and gave all three kids names that matched. All the first names start with the same letter and all the middle names too. They are also all the same kind of names I guess. A little unique but not unknown or considered bizarre. It worked for us but I don't think there's anything wrong with doing it differently. If there's a name you and dh love and it feels right I would go with it regardless of whether it matches the others or not. 
I would be superstitious and nervous to have the shower before 26 weeks. With my first who was a singleton my shower was at 32 weeks. That does feel too late for the twins so this time around my family is planning for 28-30 weeks. 
  This is a huge part of the point I was trying to make. What on earth possesses us to expose our children to this kind of inappropriate stuff that they are very very clearly not ready for? Maybe if we weren't literally filling our kids with violence before they are ready to understand it, they wouldn't need to act it out.  To me it's very hypocritical to say that a child is too immature to be able to control or be held responsible for their behavior but on the other hand...
I don't know why I'm having trouble using quotes right now.    In response to this ... On the one hand, I agree, it's not a big deal when a kid hits another, it's part of growing up, but on the other hand, that doesn't mean parents should just pretend it's all okay and ignore the behaviour.   It saddens me to hear someone say that getting smacked around by other kids is just part of growing up. I'm assuming that being on a GD board you agree that hitting children...