or Connect

Posts by ilovemygirl

Being debt free means you owe no one. Everything you have is yours. Of course, the big thing is ... NO interest. Every dollar you owe will cost you something. Sometimes you may need something enough that it's worth it but it sure sucks knowing that money is going out the door just for the privelege of using a credit card. Rates are pretty high these days. I hate owing MORE money just because I owe some money. Hope that makes sense.  Also, while it's wonderful for you...
Thanks for all the replies. This response from crunchy mommy says it best for what I was trying to get at. I had to set some ground rules ... again! I HATE that they keep making me out to be the bad guy who won't let them have fun with the grandkids but they just won't stop pushing the boundaries of what I feel comfortable with.        Quote:
I just found this thread. I am currently pregnant with twins due in early June. They will be number two and three for me. We'd like to find out the sexes but will not know until mid January.    I'm fourteen weeks today. What I want to ask more than anything of others pregnant with multiples is ...    Are you exhausted? I mean can barely move or get out bed exhausted. The kind where you could sleep a full night and still go for several hours more if schedule...
I know this thread is a month old but I just wanted to add hemp milk since no one brought it up. I usually use soy for pancakes and waffles but whenever I'm looking for a creamy alternative I always use hemp. It's the only one that feels like dairy milk to me. 
I've done a lot of homeschooling with dd for pre-k and kindy but it's all been put together stuff out of books and off the internet. I am currently pregnant with twins which is obviously going to cut into a lot of my time. So, I want to get a curriculum.  I have been debating between these two for a very long time. Calvert is very structured. It's helpful for me because everything is really spelled out for the teacher. It seems this would make it easier for DH to just...
I didn't realize how old this thread was ... 
I did both at the same time. I found that a lot of ABC books show both. We read through those very often. DD never had a problem and I want to say knew all of them both capital and lowercase by the time she was three. I've heard somewhere that doing the capital first is preferred or easier but it never applied to us. Since your LO is so interested in letters I think it would be fine to do both. If she started to seem confused you could just go back to the capitals for...
Does anyone belong to this? It says you can sign up as a homeschool teacher. Did this work out for anybody and if so, is it worth being a part of?
I have a 5.5 y/o. She has to put away ALL the toys in the family room every night. She has a separate little area in the dining room for crafts and such. I expect her to keep that reasonably organized but it's always a bit messy. She can keep her room however she wants but it's with the understanding that when I need to actually clean it -dust and vacuum- that she has to put everything away and also that if she loses or breaks something because of messiness it will not...
We did the same thing. We finally upgraded our camera and gave dd who was close to turning five, our old canon powershot. She loves it and is very careful with it.