or Connect

Posts by Dera

My baby had a fever for a few days, like 2 1/2 I think, and yesterday morning it broke and a rash started to form. I thought it was classic roseola, even though the fever never seemed too high. But the rash so far is limited to his face and head and a little bit on his trunk. He woke up a ton last night and scratched the heck out of his head, and cried so badly, poor little guy. I don't remember the rash itching when my older son had it at the same age. I gave him an...
I weaned off of Lexapro and I did it VERY slowly after a bad experience with Effexor several years ago. The zapping (great way to explain it) was really tough for me so it actually helped gauge how slowly to come off of the Lexapro. For a week or so I went to half a pill daily, then a quarter, then a quarter every couple of days, you get the picture. At the end, I would use the zapping as a tool, if I got one I would take a quarter pill. It soon turned into needing one...
I also lost all of the pregnancy weight with my oldest by 9 months post partum, and then 6 more pounds by one year when I got pregnant again. This time, I still have 20 pounds to go and I have had every emotion about it possible. I go from acceptance to fury to self-loathing in a week. The difference? My 11 month old nurses WAY more than my older one did. He actually preferred the pacifier and weaned from the breast when my milk came in for the baby. So I am positive...
I have a question about dosage. I'm taking Lugol's now, 3 drops mixed in with some OJ a couple times a week. The bottle says to take 2 drops a couple of times a week, what do you do? Daily? I have the 5%, how many drops could I work up to? I don't have any detox symptoms at all, does this mean that I could use more? Is there a chance that I didn't need to detox at all? Anyway, thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by amcal I have the same question about the dulse. I take 4 drops as well. I don't feel tremendously different other than my breasts don't hurt anymore!!! I've battled lumpy painful breasts for the past couple years. They hurt all the time - especially around my period. In fact, it's gotten to the point that I've had mammograms and follow ups with surgeons because of the lumps. I was told I had fibrocystic breast disease...
I know nobody with a lot of this knowledge has answered any questions about the dulse yet but I'm also taking it and I'm at like 50 drops now. I started about a month ago on just 4 drops. I've been feeling really great for about a week since starting zinc in addition to everything else. So hopefully somebody comes along with some great info about dulse. Nicole told me it was a great way to start out and work your way up to something with a higher concentration, like...
Hopefully I didn't miss this being mentioned. I read last week in a silly article and one of my friends just heard that over 1000 mcg can cause hyperthyroidism. If this isn't true, and it doesn't seem to be, where is this information coming from?
I wanted to update in case it will help anybody. I started taking zinc chelate along with my other supplements 4 days ago and I haven't had a bad day since. I've been more patient with my son AND I've been stuck inside for 2 days with mastitis and the nasty fever that goes along with it and still feeling all right (mentally). Somebody mentioned zinc to me several months ago here and I don't know why I didn't just go out and get it. I kept trying one thing after...
I have a question about the vitamin C being mentioned. Why is that one of the important ones here? Isn't vit C easily available in many fruits and veggies? Are many people found to be deficient with symptoms? Does it help with detox? Thanks!
I think that my parents have fuzzy memories about when my brother and I were kids. Apparently, we never messed with their stuff and obeyed very well. Well, bologna. Either we were scared, shamed and punished into it or they are lying. I bet she has a fuzzy memory about the way kids really are and you simply aren't interested in blind submission from your boys. Which is cool. I get it from my mom sometimes, too. Though she tries to be subtle. She got it from her...