or Connect

Posts by Dera

I just started it about a week ago or so after I tried Zoloft and it didn't work for me. Not getting treatment wasn't an option. So far so good, I feel more "chill". I can deal with an intense tantrum while remaining cool and before, we would both be on the floor crying and I would be plotting my escape. I'll keep you updated over the next couple of weeks. The reviews I read were also half good and half bad but I had to figure it's a case by case thing and in my...
Thank you for the kind words. I absolutely intend on seeking mental health help if it's included in our health plan. I had a little before and it was nice but we've moved since then and we have insurance pending. I went to a doc near here and told him my story and we're trying Celexa now. It's been a few days and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
First thing that burnt me up reading this? I thought she wanted to spend time with her granddaughter. Isn't what she did exactly the opposite? Second thing? Does she not remember how unsolicited parenting advice made her feel when she was a new mom? Grandparents have selective memories. Disgusting. I'm sorry you're in such an icky situation. I don't know if I could get over it.
Once every 2-3 days or as needed if he plays outside and gets dirty. He would love one all day every day but he struggles getting out sometimes so I limit them for my own sanity!
My son, who turned 2 in November, hates getting into his carseat. Once he's in there he's fine usually but when he knows that's where we're headed he freaks! He would just rather be walking, which I understand but sometimes we need to drive to get there! I've tried explaining to him that if he were patient with me and got into his carseat without a struggle, we would go more places but the struggle makes me upset. He of course doesn't understand that. I've tried a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Staciemao This sounds an awful lot like what I get postpartum. It's not that I'm afraid that I'll do something bad to my babies...it's just that I'm afraid I'm not ENOUGH for my babies. I think that you might really benefit from talking to someone. I know that for me, the combination of sleep deprivation and PP anxiety can lead to some seriously nasty "I suck" self talk...and it's good to get a new perspective from someone...
Quote: Originally Posted by KristyDi Protect their vaginas from what, doing what they're designed/evolved to do? It's so absurd it'd be funny if people didn't actually listen to it. I CAN. NOT. STAND. that OB. She annoys me so much that I can't watch the show. You should have heard her talk about how circ is a women's health issue Exactly. She is awful. Horrible. Inexcusably ignorant. People listen to this woman and take her...
My husband and family are from a different country with no circing. I thought we should and he said, no way, no point. I just kind of went along with it and felt a little relieved that we wouldn't do this to our baby boy. I read up on the facts after he was several months old and I am so relieved and grateful. Now I have 2 intact boys and share my knowledge with whoever (whomever?) wants to listen!
A wrap? Completely adjustable! The stretchy ones are great for the newborn months and really inexpensive, like $30. Moby or Sleepywrap are a couple of brands.
Hi. I was thinking about typing my whole story but it's so long and intense and I'm not a very familiar name around here so I've decided against it. I know I don't post a lot but after the months I've spent reading here, I've gotten so much information, help and comfort that I'd like to direct this question here. I tried generic Zoloft and it didn't work. Like at all. I tried increasing milligrams and after a couple of months I gave up and just weaned myself off. I...