or Connect

Posts by JFTB1177

GL Eloise! I know easier said than done but try not to be too nervous... one of the best things someone said to me was on this board- "autism is not a death sentence." It really isn't. My asd kiddo is SO full of life, affectionate, happy etc. I'm so glad we got the dx because without it he wouldn't be getting all the services and help that are majorly increasing his skills and reducing his sensory needs!   Thanks so much Puzzlepeace!! :) He had an amazing birthday...
Thanks Eloisa!! GL with your son's assessment, when is it?  
I know it's been awhile since I've been here but I want to update for any newbie that comes across this thread. My DS turned 3 yesterday and will be starting the CAPP preschool program (6 hrs a day, 5 days a week) on Monday!! He wasn't doing too well (meltdowns etc) at the Infants & Toddlers (EI) autism class that he was going to 3x a week (90 minute classes) so a month ago they took away his Tuesdays and Thursdays and was just going Wednesdays. Wed's they were in the...
Hi e&tsmom! Glad to know I'm not the only one!! I've been feeling slightly crampy and bloated for a few days every month since baby turned 5 or 6 months!! And NOTHING! grrr I am probably one of the few that want it back...I just want to feel "normal" again, kwim? Your little one nurses all night too?? I really want to move him to his crib (which is in our room) so dh can sleep in the bed again- he's been sleeping on the couch since LO was born b/c there wasn't enough...
Thanks so much, Tiredx2! That rings true for me because I am 34, so maybe that's why it's taking longer this time?
Thank you so much for this!!! It made me feel better because I was starting to get concerned! :)  
My baby turned a year old a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't gotten my first PPAF. He is eating real food and drinking whole milk but he's a booby boy and still nursing all. night. long. He also nurses between 1-2 times during the day. So yeah, I haven't gotten a full nights sleep in over a year. Do you think the night nursing is keeping AF away?
Yes!!!! When DS turned 2 he stopped sleeping through the night (he turned 2 in March), it was almost immediate. Before that he would sleep 7am-7pm no problem! Unless he's extremely tired it will take him hours to fall asleep. I hear him upstairs in his crib now, bouncing around and laughing hysterically to himself (I admit I have to laugh sometimes at that lol) for at least 90 minutes now. Then he usually wakes in the middle of the night and does the same, or sits and...
Thanks for this!!! It helps so much to hear stories like this! :))  
My worst fear used to be having a SN child. I remember praying each time I was PG and telling God/The Universe that if I had to have a SN child I could handle him/her having a physical disability, but I couldn't handle a child who had "mental challenges" (for lack of a better word.) My absolute WORST fear was having a child with (God forbid!!!) AUTISM! I didn't want a child I couldn't relate to, who wouldn't care about me or let me touch him/her, who would sit in a...