or Connect

Posts by JFTB1177

Thanks Megan73!!! I feel HORRIBLE , last time I leave him even for even a second! He's not crawling yet but he must've rolled over to the edge. Yeah about the washing hands...I have OCD and germs terrify me (It sucks, I hate being this way). :(  
My 8 month old just fell off my bed. :( Good thing is the bed is very low (a foot) off the floor, and we have carpet. Still, I feel horrible! I  went to wash my hands b/c I was going to nurse him, the sink was in my bathroom a few feet from my bed. He didn't cry at all, I just heard a THUMP (ugh). I grabbed him right away and he seemed totally fine. I nursed him immediately and we played a little afterwards (while he was on his back) and he spit up a little (as he always...
Thanks farmerBeth! I ended up ordering a new crib that converts into a toddler bed and daybed later on! It is MUCH sturdier, thank goodness! Just put it together today :) He tried to rock and bang in it during his nap but this one (not being loose) doesn't "give" like the old one so he gave up on it and started banging his head to self soothe, but stopped that too after a short period of time because I think he realized it hurt! He's sleeping in it now. I honestly see...
I don't see why not? Most weighted blankets are smaller than "bed" size though so you may have to make your own duvet cover. :)
Just wanted to update once again (and thanks Beachcomber!) :)   My son had his 2nd assessment today through EI since he is getting close to his 3rd birthday (he'll be 3 in March). He's been getting OT once a week, speech once a week, and goes to a playgroup for all kinds of SN children (through EI) once a week. DH and I also go to Hanen "More Than Words" classes about 2x a month... needless to say we've been busy! Like I said in a previous post our official eval at...
Hey Jen, I'm a Jen too! :) Just wanted to say hi!. My special needs child has diff issues (he's on the autism spectrum) but I can relate to a lot of what you said... I feel like I'm in the middle too. I'm not totally "crunchy" and not totally mainstream either, I sort of take what feels right from both sides, I don't think anyone has to pick a side, you know?   Btw your son is beautiful! :)
I have 3 kids, a 5 year old, 2.5 year old, and a 7.5 month old.   For ME, going from 0 to 1 was the most "shocking", I really wanted to be a mom but the reality of taking care of another human being 24/7 when I only had to take care of myself was hard. Once my 1st was an older baby it got a lot easier.   When I had my second, my first was almost 3. That spacing was a lot easier then when I had my 3rd. My 2nd child was 23 months when I had #3 and it's been hectic...
  I totally agree with this! I've been to parties where gifts weren't opened and I was a bit disappointed b/c I always choose a very thoughtful gift. But if a nice thank you note is sent right away it makes it okay. My SIL doesn't usually have my niece and nephew open gifts but she explained that where she is from (Colombia) it's considered rude to the rest of the children. I actually really love watching kids open gifts, even kids that aren't my own, but that's just me...
Thanks for the reply Adorkable (I remember you from the PG board... seems like so long ago doesn't it lol?)! I haven't actually gotten AF yet, that's why the pinching seemed weird but haven't had any since that one time. Btw your twins are so cute! :)
Thanks for responding to me Kokolove! See, that's what I'm worried about, that my DS would be running around his room for hours and doing God-knows-what! His crib is sort of loose from all his banging and rocking... we check it a lot to make sure it's still safe. For now it is but we are trying to figure out if we should buy a new, sturdier crib, wait it out with the crib he has now, or start the process of moving him to a toddler bed.