or Connect

Posts by RavenStar

Hi teamsalem, Sorry if my first post was confusing. I wasn't actually pregnant when I had the hernia. The hernia developed after my second pregnancy.  I haven't had any pregnancies since I had the surgery. I hope that everything turns out well for you! I think it is pretty common to develop hernias during pregnancy or for one to get worse after a pregnancy. Pregnancy and birth is so hard on our bodies. Take care.
Hello teamsalem, According to my surgeon, with my inguinal hernia repair, it takes a year for the body to heal around the mesh and be strong enough to support a pregnancy. He said he tells people to wait at least 3 months before getting pregnant, so that when the baby is full term, the mother's body will be healed.   I decided to wait a year before trying, to play it safe. But once we started trying to get pregnant, I started having other pain. After the hernia surgery,...
Last year was our first "official" year homeschooling.  I felt like I needed to buy all sorts of things.  What I realized during the year was that I can always go out and get something if I need it!  That really helped lift the pressure I was putting on myself.   That being said, I like to get our art supplies in order and see if we need new ones. I like using sketch books for drawings, writing and any other projects.   I also love having binoculars, magnifiers, bug...
Dear OrmEmbar, Thank you so much for your reply!  I really appreciate it.  It's good to hear your story.   3 months is what my surgeon had told me too.  He said that way it has been a year by the time someone gives birth.   Thank you for the blessings!   Warmly, Raven  
Thanks for the bump, Tracyamber.  I've done a little research and found that it's generally a good idea to have the inguinal hernia repaired before pregnancy.  In some emergency cases, women have had surgery during pregnancy because the intestines became strangulated.   So for me, I think I would have the repair surgery before getting pregnant, if possible.   The second part of my question, I'm still wondering about.  How does the mesh hold up during pregnancy...
Hi mamas, I'm just wondering if anyone has given birth after having a hernia repaired.  I had an inguinal hernia repaired almost 2 years ago.  I now have another inguinal hernia that I need repaired before I get pregnant.   Did anyone notice pain in that area during pregnancy? Did the mesh withstand the pressure from pregnancy and birth?   I'd appreciate any stories or advice. Thank you!
Has anyone had a cesarean after having mesh put in for a hernia repair? I know I will end up asking my Dr. these questions.  Just thought I'd check in and see if anyone else has been through this.
I hear you, atoegal.  I got kicked a lot in the early years.  Now it seems I just get mushed so that my arms go numb and I end up almost on the floor.  We have two girls and I start the night in-between them.  They both like having one of my arms under their head.  When they fall asleep, I pull my arms out from under them.  DH has been sleeping by himself most of the time for the past 7 years.  I go sleep with him after the kiddos fall asleep.  But usually one wakes up...
Thanks, newbiemama09!  That is helpful advice.  I'm trying to be patient  Just wishing we had bought the king-sized futon. :)