or Connect

Posts by samanthamommaof3

thats a very neat idea to have a room specifically for community activities. I think it would be wonderful to have a room in our mock birthing center (its going to be mapped out on poster board most likely... and then we will write a report on our project) for things like lll. thanks again for your help... i will post again in a week or two when i've really gotten going, and maybe show some pics.
dd1: PLEASE QUIT CRYING EVERYTIME I SAY NO! please quit crying everytime I ask you to do something as simple as putting your shoes in the closet!!!!!!!!!! please stop lying about the naughty things you do! please stop telling me that you are hungry every twenty seconds on the walk home from daycare/preschool when you clearly couldn't be since you just woolfed down the bag of graham crackers i gave you, and you KNOW! that daddy will be at home cooking dinner for us when we...
ok so I am realizing that this project willl be a challenge. But-it seems like it will be super worth it. Illinois does seem to have tougher limitations than I origionally thought, but I think where there is a will there is a way. I will definitly post about my project when it is finished, and possibly have links to pictures of my poster boards etc. I definitly think my group will be incorporating other products along with the services offered, we were thinking cloth...
I have only heard stories of homebirths really, none from birthing centers, I really dont think there are any of them in my area. I have been googling all day. :P. The homebirth stories I have heard always include something about haveing an EMT on standby "just in case". Although I only personally know of two women who went the homebirthing route. My actual knowledge of midwives and water birthing centers is very limited. I did find a few websites other than this one that...
I'm Samantha. I'm currently studying at my local community college to get my gen. eds. finished so that I can continue on to get my RN, I aspire to be a midwife someday and open a water birthing clinic. I'm excited to see this tribe is here. Anyone who would like to chat or give advice I'd love a message .:
Hey, I'm Samantha, I've posted here on mothering before for advice and other things. This time I could really use anyone with knowledge and/or experience with water birthing centers. I someday hope to open my own once I have finished schooling and have become a midwife. It just so happens ( and I'm so very excited about this) that for my business class this semester we are required to "open" a mock business and my group agreed to go with my idea for a water birthing center...
i was recently gifted a sewing machine via freecycle, its a really old really neat looking machine... ( well probably nineteen fifties or sixties or something so not so old, but not brand new) it has a bobbin thingy that is missing or needs replaced. its that thing that goes inside of the machine ykwim? i havent used a machine in sooooo long and i dont know alot about them. any advice or help on where to go or what might be wrong/if its fixable would be appreciated.
I added pretty much every bf group on myspace i could find, and i changed my name title to BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH, and put my mood* section as something along the lines of ' breastfeeding helps prevent cancer in mommies and kids! ' also i posted several bulletins on my myspace page that relate the fact that breastfeeding helps out with illnesses, such as using it for conjunctivitis and in the long list of things it 'cures' *** BREAST CANCER CHANCES ARE REDUCED BY...
i plan to attend the bf challenge at chapel hill here in nc tomorrow, but what about mini challenges? like if i were to challenge a large group of women to meet up at a specific place in their home town once every few months? idk iif ppl already do that ( i'm not saying like a lll meeting or anything, just a way to normalize nip.)
a mom i met recently has an issue with supply and she said that she got reallly bad breast issues such as mastitis for a while and couldnt get her milk supply to go up no matter how much mmt she drank etc, and when she went into her doc they said that she was using too many supplements/herbs and to cut them out completely to heal. whala! she has an increased supply and her issues are gone.... i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure that was the illness she had.