or Connect

Posts by GirlBoyGirlBoy

I think it's interesting that people are getting all caught up in the "no, thank you" part of the interaction yet many seem to think that saying "please don't throw sand" is fine... To me saying "please" in this situation implies that the other person doesn't necessarily need to comply--sort of like a question. I would have just said "hey! don't throw sand, it isn't okay to do that." and been done with it
We are exceedingly lucky to live on 3 acres with a perimeter fence and front gate so I leave the keys in the car on the dash. My littles are too small to get in the car and the olders are old enough to not want to. However, regarding the childproofing, even with the important things up and away from them, the littles always manage to find something you don't expect or use teamwork to get up where you never thought they could go!
: DD1 once hid my cell phone in my running shoe and, since I wasn't doing much running at the time, I didn't find it for months... DH kept losing his beloved watches--pricey ones!-- and we were at a loss until we witnessed DS1, about 14 months old at the time, carefully dropping something into the kitchen garbage can and watching it go down! Yes, a watch!! How many we threw away, I do not know.... When we moved into our current house nearly two years ago, all the sippy...
Quote: Originally Posted by claddaghmom ita im the same way! i've been that way long before having kids, just from caring for my younger siblings. i used to hear stories about parents rolling onto their babies killing them and wonder if it was a joke [obviously barring drugs/alcohol] I drove my DH crazy before kids and still do now with my constant "vigilance" about what is going on outside of my own bed He calls me the Inspector General...
Quote: Originally Posted by claddaghmom i wonder also if crib sleeping allows the parents to return to a pre-kid state of sleeping. you know, the kind of sleep where you don't think about your kid, or listen for them, or startle at any movement. that 'awareness'? if your kid is in a crib, maybe you sttn and don't hear them waking every hour. I don't know about others, but crib sleeping hasn't let me return to a "pre-kid state of sleeping" I...
Okay I am cracking up at the thought of installing a car seat in a Ferrari! Seriously though, I am so glad I read this thread because I truly was not aware of a LATCH weight limit until now... My 6 year old son is in a Nautilus LATCHed into a Toyota Sequoia at 45 lbs...
I have a Graco side-by-side double stroller and I love it like crazy. This is actually the second one we've had because I bought one for my first two kids, gave it away when they outgrew it and bought another when we decided to have two more kids! I use it every single day for errands, school pick-up for the older kids, just taking a stroll... each seat lies completely flat so it is also a place for naps, storing bags, clothes, etc, when we go someplace and the littles...
Wow, I am psyched to be on this thread! I didn't know I qualified as a mom of many with only four Where I live, four is not that unusual so I thought I was just me.... My littles are spaced at 18 months between DD1 and DS1 and then 3 and a half years to DD2 and 16 months to DS2 so we have two little mini generations going on--school age and pre preschool age. I feel like my biggest issues revolve around the lack of personal space... we moved last year from a 900...
Quote: Originally Posted by an_aurora A poster on which site? ETA: NM, I found it. It's just some random poster on some random car board. He doesn't really know what he's talking about Feelin' better now, Thanks!
Okay, so my Blvd. is installed the Swedish way, but I noticed a poster on that site saying that, despite what Britax says, you shouldn't ever use a tether on a RF seat? The CPST at the store where I purchased it told me how to do it, so I assumed it was the most secure installation...