or Connect

Posts by j_p_i

Congratulations on your pregnancy Novus! How exciting!!
Bwahahaha! Olivia does this too! It's so cute, it certainly makes the tantrums easier to deal with. They tend to be super short lived anyway.   Blessed_Mom - no tantrumming yet! Good for you! I'm hopeful that Olivia doesn't get much worse once we get into 2-3 years... she's really not bad now and it's almost always driven by something else (hungry, tired, has a cold, bored, etc).
It's funny you all mention the temperamental 2 year old thing, Olivia is right there with your kiddos too! It is almost funny, because if you tell her no or take something (dangerous, etc) away, she definitely does that throw herself on the ground face down and screech move. However, if we are standing in the kitchen or dining room (linoleum and tile floors) she will run to the CARPETED living room and throw herself down there. Occasionally she throws herself onto the...
Super cute new picture in your profile Kelly!
I have no idea if there is a new thread... I am finding just having a 19 month old is super busy! :lol I've also started a business from home, which I may have mentioned already. That too has kept me busy, as I've dedicated all of my free time during Olivia's naps and bedtime to that. I am finding it extremely rewarding and fun though!   Olivia is 32.5inches and 22.6lbs at her last checkup. Everyone always comments on how petite she is, but she is still in the 70th...
I haven't seen a December thread yet either! I keep checking in but haven't had time to look around much (or start one myself) as we've been pretty busy! I started my own at home business, so trying to get that up and running. Olivia is busy as ever, she is loving the snow and holidays. Saying tons of words now, it's like she woke up the day she turned 18 months and could say hundreds more words. She is so funny and cute these days. All her teeth are in (HOORAY!!) and...
I think I am definitely my 18 month old's "lovey". She has recently started being affection toward stuffed animals (giving them hugs and kisses) but she doesn't seem particularly attached or comforted by them. Which is funny, because as a child I had a blanket and teddy bear I was very attached too. I've wondered if nursing this long has an effect on this? (Which is perfectly fine, just something I've thought about!)
I delivered at Mercy in May 2009 and it was a WONDERFUL experience. I birthed with Back Cove midwives, who I absolutely loved. I also found the nurses at Mercy to be helpful in answering my questions, they were not pushy at all and let me guide the experience. They also gave me lots of space when I wanted it during the birth and after. I thought the lactation support was pretty good, I think the nurses did a good job trying to help me, but the LC seemed a little rushed....
Oh my gosh, bump! I guess we're all busy these days eh? I know I feel like we go a million miles an hour sometimes. DH's schedule just changed AGAIN as well, so that makes things complicated. This time he's back on nights, but he only works Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, then has Tue, Wed, Thurs off. So, three days in a row is awesome!   Not much new here, we are finally getting over a cold/teething/mama may never sleep again stuff here. The past two nights Olivia has slept...
You are SO not alone! My 17 month old only goes to sleep wIith me. In fact, I typically still nurse her to sleep and just lay her down once she's out. I often wonder if I'm creating bad habits (it doesn't feel bad... because it works really well for us. But I do have friends who can just lay their 6 month old down and he falls asleep on his own...), and then I wonder what we'll do once she weans! But for the time being, I just continue to do what works for us. She sleeps...