or Connect

Posts by j_p_i

I'm a SAHM and my DD (17 months) has been doing the same types of thing. I think this was especially noticeable around 15 months or so (seems to be getting slightly better now... longer periods between meltdowns and seems to be more easily distractable). So I think it may be part of the age. I also have to agree with the PP who mentioned teething, DD has been getting her molars in and they are just now all breaking through the skin. A long and difficult process for sure....
I don't have a boy, but I saw your post and wondered if maybe it could be a UTI or something? Particularly because it seems like he's said it more than once? Just throwing this out as a possibility, hope you get it figured out soon!
My DD is JUST like yours! Extremely busy, all the time it's go-go-go. It sounds like perhaps your mother just has a bit of a negative view on it... I think a lot of it has to do with the way you perceive the child. When she says "hyper", maybe suggest he's "busy and exploring and FUN". Perhaps that would help her see things a little differently, and be a bit more supportive.   Anyhow, you definitely didn't break your child mama! Mine is just like that, clingy, busy,...
Jumping in to say hi, hope everyone is doing well! Molars are still coming in here, but Olivia seems to be feeling better these days. She is saying lots more words and attempting to talk a lot more, which is fun. Not much time to post at the moment, but wanted to say hi!
We have been dealing with this lately too. Coughing so bad at night sometimes DD would throw up! We attributed it to teething as well, as she is getting her molars in. I think maybe the teething lowered her immune system a bit because the runny nose/cough seemed to morph into a cold or something. We took her to the ped who said there wasn't much we could do but keep an eye on her. DH and I also got something similar, so we concluded she did have a cold. Hope your LO...
Katie - congratulations!! I haven't checked in for awhile, as I am just exhausted. Olivia started getting her first molar through on the 15th (it's been trying to poke through for awhile, but this time it's REALLY through) and subsequently the other 3 have begun coming through. On top of that, we've all picked up some sort of upper respiratory thing. Olivia coughs so hard at night she wakes herself up and throws up. Happened twice last night The ped says there isn't...
I was going to say teething as well! My DD is 16.5 months, and JUST had a molar break through. She has been in the throws of teething for nearly 2 months though, just as you describe. It seemed like the teeth would pop through a little bit, then recede back into the gums, which was terrible. Teething tablets helped, a cold washcloth, a toy to chew on all helped.
My DD is 16 months and does something similar sometimes. It's not a frustration thing (rarely she has lashed her arms out in frustration, I don't think her intention was to hit, but that's another issue), more of a playful thing, as in she thinks she is playing. What has REALLY worked well for us is to get down to her level and tell her that is not the way to treat mommy (or daddy/whoever) and if she would like our attention, she is to give a hug or a kiss only. She...
Hi everyone! I've been working on a scrapbook for Olivia's first 12 months, I finally finished it (I've been doing it online) and the company emails me to tell me that their equipment isn't working properly and I have to upload the whole thing again. Easier said than done with a 16 month old! Oy. We're still working on a lot of words here, but Olivia knows A LOT of animal sounds! It cracks me up. She does have a few words, but doesn't say too much with any real...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommy_to_2angels Hi Everyone, I am relatively new here, but... I have a May 17, 09 baby boy named John James (JJ, Johnny, John at any given time.) I'm just gonna jump in here feet first. Hello! Always good to have a new mama jump in! Just a quick post before I go to bed... It's sort of funny, from the time I got pregnant I assumed I'd be called "mama" but it turns out, I'm "mum"! Olivia gets the biggest kick out of...