or Connect

Posts by j_p_i

Oh kisses! Olivia loves giving kisses and hugs. It's how I've been able to redirect her from hitting (she often does it playfully, and I tell her "we don't hit, but we give hugs and kisses" and she'll kiss whatever she just hit). It's pretty much the cutest thing ever, as you said Kelly. When I have her in the backpack for a walk, she hugs my head and gives the back of my head kisses. I had heard the same thing about "room in the diaper area" for 24 months clothes and...
Hi all! I've been looking for this thread! About the 2T thing... what is the difference between 24 months size and 2T? Olivia is in 18 months, but when looking to buy the next size up I find it oddly confusing! Some brands/stores have 24 months, some go straight to 2T, some seem to have both... I'm still trying to figure out Halloween! DH, myself and Olivia are running a Halloween 5K, so I'd like to be able to dress us all up in some kind of theme, and even be able...
I'm glad to hear the hitting is a normal/stage-type thing. I had figured as much, but it's a little different when it's your own DC I guess! It seems she does it when she wants my attention, often it's a playful thing so I think she doesn't quite understand that. If I say "no hitting", she just ignores the "no" part and hits! I'll have to work on saying "be gentle" more often (I try to remember but sometimes the hits surprise me). She doesn't do it very often, and is...
I wouldn't worry, I agree with some PP's that perhaps the other kids saw her doing this with one item and may have handed her others, or just not stopped her from doing it herself with all the items. My DD is 16 months, and I've found several odd things in her diaper. The one that sticks out the most was last easter, before putting her in the backpack and going for a walk I thought to change her diaper. She had shoved (somehow) half of one of those plastic easter eggs...
This is an interesting post. I was under significant and long-lasting stress while pregnant (long story... the short version is I was in the military deployed w/ my husband, got pregnant, came back, got in trouble, fought getting in trouble and had to go through months and months of waiting for them to clear me of that and to get out of the military. Blah). DD (16 months) can be quite demanding and always has been, requires a lot of attention and is very determined. She...
Hey mamas, just wanted to check in again. Olivia and I have been sick, so we've been dealing with that for the past week. It's brought on some real ups and downs, at times she can be seriously cranky and has even hit me a couple times to get my attention. Not sure where this is coming from or where she had ever seen it before, someone just assure me it's normal toddler behavior! I had a hard time not getting teary-eyed, as it hurt my feelings! I have to remember she's not...
Happy Birthday Novus! (belated a bit) Hope you had a great day at the beach! Katie - I will definitely look into JetBlue when we fly then. Olivia has literally zero interest in tv (it's actually kind of weird, I watch the news in the morning and we turn the tv on in the evening, and she completely ignores it... unless there is a commercial with a good song and then she dances). But I think being cooped up on a plane for the 5-7 hours it'll take us to get to the West...
So much to catch up on! Just wanted to pop in and say hi! Katie - what about JetBlue makes it easier to fly with kiddos? DH wants to visit his family (so... first flight for Olivia would be from Portland, ME to Portland, OR! I'm anxious just thinking about it) so I've been wondering what the best way to plan all of this is... Olivia has 8 teeth all the way through, 2 molars chipped through and the rest not far behind. It seems that she chips a bit of a tooth...
DD, the dog's penis is not his tail. (The "where is the dog's tail?" game got retired pretty quickly around here!) We do not brush the dog with our toothbrush, that goes in our mouth only. We do not brush mommy with the toothbrush, either. Mommy doesn't always want to smell your feet during nursies, honey (said with a toe up my nose...)
We live in New Gloucester (inland a bit, about 25 mins from Portland) and we like it pretty well. We are looking to buy a house in the near future and would love to live in Scarborough, Gorham, Yarmouth/N. Yarmouth, or Saco. I like Portland but would rather live in a smaller city/town. Also did some research in school systems, which influenced my interest in the places I mentioned