or Connect

Posts by j_p_i

Add my congrats to Kelly & Comtessa too!! We've been busy here lately, DH is working a new schedule (3pm-11pm) which means we have him around during the day, which is great! Does mean I'm online less though (for better or worse ) We've also begun the process of getting approved for a mortgage, which is exciting Olivia just had her 15mo pedi appt a couple days ago. She went from 28 inches to 30.75 in just two months! So much for them saying she was petite, she's...
My DD is 15 months and does this, actually has for a little while. It is my DH's biggest pet peeve, so I've tried a number of different techniques to get food to stay on her tray. What seems to work the best is really really paying attention to her (hard to do while eating your own dinner, admittedly) and only giving her a little bit at a time as others have mentioned. She can be finicky and if I give her something she doesn't like or want, she wants ALL of it off her...
Katie - happy anniversary! Sorry you are all sick, what a bummer. Hopefully it'll pass quickly! Kelly - how exciting, can't wait to hear your news! Olivia understands A LOT as well. It's actually pretty amazing. She knows simple commands but the most recent (and cutest one!) has been when I say "I love you, Olivia" she gives me a kiss back! We're still struggling a little in the sleep department. It's a bit better the past couple days, but her schedule is...
Comtessa - what is with that two hour window? Ours is typically between 3-5. We have the crib in a sidecar position to the bed, so I think that helps get her back in her own space. At this point she sleeps in her crib from about 9pm until 1-2am, then nurses, then back to the crib. Then 3-3:30 rolls around and it's just as you describe. Unfortunately I don't have any answers for you, just commiserating! The good news here is that her days have been great! Olivia...
Thanks for this post, I loved it! I recently had a very similar experience to the one you (OP) wrote about. A couple of friends brought their two month over for a birthday dinner. He stayed in his carseat for a good period of time after they arrived. He slept by himself on the couch, and was held when he was "fussy" (seriously, a couple little squeaks!) and then put back down to fall asleep on his own. My 14 month old was running around, in my arms, making noise, and...
Thanks mamas. We had one glorious night of great sleep and last night were back to restless/wakefulness. I do think it's teeth, I feel around in her mouth when she's asleep and I can feel multiple areas where teeth have broken through just a tiny bit. Top and bottom, left and right. It must be terribly painful! At least she's getting a nice long nap today!
Anyone deal with some sleep regression type stuff at 14 months? We are having a 3am party every night! She goes to sleep fine, gets up to nurse after several hours (fine) but then 2:30-3 rolls around and she's grunting, arching her back, staying latched on as long as possible and then waking up as soon as she unlatches (this is not typical). She often doesn't fully wake up, but cries out like she is uncomfortable. Could it be molars coming in? I can feel them mostly...
Hey all! Just checking in... we are down to one nap here most days, which has led to a later bedtime. Which is okay, because it mostly leads to a later wakeup in the morning! We have had some major fussiness this week. Not sure what is going on (assuming molars??) but Olivia has been super clingy to me. It seems to come in waves with her. The past two days have been better, but at times I feel as though she's a bit in the high needs category. She can be quite...
Wow, can't believe it's August already! I just wanted to check in and say hello quickly! And yay for nearing the end of deployment Madalyn! Anyone in the process of transitioning from 2 naps to 1? I am finding it TOTALLY exhausting! Olivia has been quite the daddy's girl lately, so if DH is around it's difficult to get her to settle down. She seems to have dropped her morning nap, but has been a little cranky the past couple days because of it. Yet she tries...
None, DD does not like milk. She eats lots of cheese and yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. We also give a multivitamin.