or Connect

Posts by j_p_i

I have had some success with the teething tablets before nursing too, I hope that works for you! Kisses only has turned out to be super cute, although in the last few days she has been giving raspberries too... which is cute until you're at Macy's and you babe is in a front carrier, and motorboats your boobs in front of the guy selling suits and three other men! It was funny, I'm sure I turned 8 shades of red as I laughed awkwardly and said, "oh you're tickling me!"...
Hi everyone, just a quick post before I make breakfast! I've been thinking about all the biting issues, and while we've had them here they were relatively short lived. Olivia also started to bite when she wasn't nursing, she would bite me while we were playing too. I would tell her no biting, and walk away from the play time (which actually didn't seem to bother her, she'd just continue to play). So I started telling her "kisses only" when she would bite, and...
Blessed_Mom - I'm so sorry! It's a tough thing, especially when you feel like it may be the start of weaning. For me the nursing strikes lasted 1-2 days (there have been 2) and I kept supply up by pumping and hand expressing. I don't know that a nipple shield would help, I haven't tried that. One thing I do know is that I felt just as you describe, I would tense up when it was time to nurse and I thought she might sense that, and would either try to bite me or refuse. ...
I love your idea, and the pictures look great, so creative! That said - I wouldn't really think twice about eating off wooden track... I have a wooden cutting board and I eat off that all the time!
My DD does this sometimes too. I did some research and learned that it's really quite normal, and not something to be concerned about. In fact, toddlers can do it for many reasons not just frustration, including pain associated with teething, attention, etc. DD also headbutts, she thinks it's loves/hugs and she does it playfully (although it can hurt if she catches you off-gaurd!) I react the same way as mentioned when she does it, pick her up and redirect. If she...
Quote: Originally Posted by Blessed_Mom Baaaaaaawl My DD has started biting me on a regular basis since 3 days while nursing. I am unable to nurse her beyond the first or second letdown...after which she has to suckle for quite some time to get a 3rd letdown or is just suckling for trickles (I don't know how milk really comes out). Anyway...seems like when she is a bit bored or impatient she takes a bite. I don't know what brought on this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelly1101 http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9...0721310005.jpg Look at that smile! What a cutie! I need to upload our most recent ones too. A project for the weekend I think!
Hi again Jamie, My husband and I have both noticed/felt a presence in our home over the past few months. My husband has some thoughts/theories about the nature of the presence, and we've both witnessed numerous incidents that are unexplainable. Recently these incidents have increased, and happen nightly. I would like to know if you get a sense of who/what this is and why they are here? Thanks so much!
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy Wait you mean that other moms DO get to go to the toilet alone? Ha! I thought the same thing - I bring DD into the bathroom with me, I thought that was normal My DD is nearly 14 months and has gone through similar periods of clingy-ness. Recently I have witnessed her expanding her confidence and exploring more, which I attribute to holding her so much. I feel like she knows I am right there...
Thanks for the support and ideas mamas, it's been very helpful! Things seem much better on our end, DH started his new schedule last night and I think it went really well for him. Also, we broke down and bought an a/c unit, just a small one but it's made a big difference. Strangely, DH has been in a much better mood since... maybe he really is so affected by the heat and humidity! trauerweidchen - sounds like there is a lot for your family to think about and figure...