or Connect

Posts by j_p_i

I didn't know this existed! It's not terribly far from us, we may have to check it out.
Hi there. I don't know about other hospitals in Maine, but I gave birth at Mercy Hospital where I found VBACs to be supported. (I've only had one child, so this isn't a personal experience, but the nurses and midwives discussed it). I also went to BackCove Midwives, who do births only at Mercy, and found them to be wonderful and supportive. The nurses at Mercy were fantastic as well. I know it's not the area you were looking for, but a good place in any case!
Garlic! Good idea. I've given DD an onion to play with before... and she bit into it like an apple! In this heat we're having on the East Coast, I've definitely been letting DD run around diaper free. She has peed on the floor a few time, but mostly we are outside on the deck so no big deal. Other toys that have worked include anything that belongs to the dog, the remote or a phone, another diaper, or a page from a magazine.
Quote: Originally Posted by Comtessa Erin, WAY TO GO losing the baby weight! I lost most of mine within a month... then gained a whole lot of it back. As far as I can reckon, I'm still at about the same weight as I was when I was 6 months pregnant. I thought nursing was supposed to make it all magically melt away!!! I just keep reminding myself that the summer before I got pregnant, I was living in the woods and foraging for nuts and berries to eat,...
They really do so many cute and interesting things at this age don't they? Right now Olivia is "reading" a book to our dog, they are both sitting on his bed, she has her arm up on his back and is "ba ba ba-ing" and turning the pages. So CUTE! And the cuddles are just the best. Communication seems to be getting better, though I'm not sure how many words she has. I'll have to try to figure that out today. I am hoping for a little less heat today, yesterday was...
Quote: Originally Posted by guestmama-001 I started taking an antidepressant about 2-3 weeks ago and that hasn't helped at all. I've tried supplementation, but I can't stick with it. I've been seeing a counselor for a few months, isn't really helping. I get out and get "me" time, doesn't seem to matter, I'm still really irritated when I get home. I haven't read all the responses and don't have much time to respond, but I wanted to send my...
Comtessa - I have been drinking iced coffee (as well as loads of water) and set Olivia up a little pool on the back porch. We keep filling it with cool water so she can splash around! Glad you got your AC fixed anyway! Katie - thanks for the book recommendation. I'm feeling like I have a better understanding of how to talk to her when she gets frustrated and the things I can do to help her. We are working on more signs, and I've also been sticking to a better...
My DD is 13 months and also not a fan of diaper changes. DH and I have done the tag team method, like you said, but this is not always possible as he works and I'm at home with her most of the time. I tried soothing at first and that did not work... and there is nothing worse than a poopy toddler flipping around while you desperately cling to to them and hope you and your carpet are not covered in poop by the time this is over So what I do now is get her to laugh. ...
Katie - I think I needed to hear that I'm not the only one in tantrum land right now. Since Olivia is my first, I guess I was surprised when she turned one year old and suddenly there were tantrums! Not full blown ones, but she screeches and stomps her feet when she is frustrated, things like that. I had no idea the best way to handle them, and felt frustrated myself because I know she just wants to communicate her wants and needs. I've read through half of "The No-Cry...
My 13 month old has been in the same boat recently. I have attributed it to teething, as she is sprouting new teeth left and right, and I can even feel a molar just breaking through with my fingernail. Another possibility (for us, anyway) is that she is nursing less and less during the day. I do still nurse on demand, but recently there have been a couple days when she has only nursed 2-3 times during the day (and more at night). She loves food and also seems to like...