or Connect

Posts by LROM

Other posters here have offered a couple of ideas about how to maybe help your kids adjustment to the new people to go more smoothly - do you think you'll try any of those?
  Hmm, I must've missed a post, because I've not seen anyone say that education is or should be a determining factor (looks like someone told OP that and to get her resume, but I missed the post if it was said here... but aside from that...).  I also haven't seen anyone say you can be sweet and charm workers and that that is always a winning strategy.   And it's good that neither of those are true for the most part, because they shouldn't be true.  Education should have...
Then I can simply say that you aren't reading every post or you're being selective about what you absorb.  I've seen several CPS threads even in the last 6 months where people who do NOT work for CPS chime in about times they either called or knew of a family who was called on (and even a couple where CPS was called on them) and they had good things to say overall even though obviously when it's a situation CPS is getting called on at all... it's already a really sticky,...
My DD is 2 and NPR is pretty much the only thing that's been on in the car since she was born (aside from a few kids music cd's that were key in calming her when she was an infant).  Although she has yet to actually comment on a specific story she's heard on NPR (and I'm not even sure how much she's really paying attention to the radio because she's always talking over it to ask about what she's seeing out the window), she is absolutely already asking questions about...
   Everyone is entitled to their opinion about CPS.  I just want to remind you all though that pretty much every family - even those with obvious, horrific problems - feels like they are being unnecessarily engaged by CPS at some point in their engagement.   You only know what is said on the screen.  The CPS worker is not here (and nor should they be!) to tell you what THEIR concerns are, why they're asking what they are, etc.  As someone who has worked with CPS for...
I think it's good, given how worried you are, that you have a lawyer.  But the following advice I give you regardless of whether you have a lawyer, because I think it's key for you to understand.   I think it is totally appropriate for you (directly or through your lawyer) to ask for a specific written list of CURRENT concerns (i.e. not the concerns that brought them into your home originally, but their concerns today given their contact with you since the beginning...
More supervision is a good step, but I think something LynnS6 said is key: from your own accounts of these interactions with other kids, you and your husband are not modeling the behavior you want to see your daughter learn and act out.  Maybe you just didn't say what you guys said/did, but for instance whatever the neighbor girl said that was SO mean to your daughter and your husband collected the kids and said "It's time to go home", to me that is a golden opportunity...
    I've also read/written on a LOT of CPS threads, and I have never... ever... seen anyone say the bolded underlined part of your quote.  Anyone who I've seen work for CPS or be involved (i.e. foster parents) in some way has always acknowledged that there are bad workers out there.  I always always say that too.  So I'm sorry that you've seen people say "it never happens" because we all know it does.    What's important (really, critically important) to remember is:...
It bothers me greatly that for so many who've posted, there is this certainty that this is normal and there's nothing further to explore or worry about.   There is simply not enough info to be sure this is normal.  Can girls their age explore bodies and kiss and all that and it be normal?  Absolutely.   But SECRECY is a learned behavior.  Kids have no reason to be secret about things unless they've learned that either someone has a problem with it or whoever...
I read all the replies you've gotten OP and I gotta say... this is a situation where I don't feel like you can just take the words she said, read them on the screen, and be sure there's nothing there.   When young kids (and older ones too) say something that kinda raises a flag for me, I simply ask them what they mean, or if they're younger, I ask what that looks like.  "My daddy is a good lover" to me IS an odd thing to say, but just a few more questions like "What...