or Connect

Posts by LROM

Thanks, I've never heard of Optivite but I'll check it out.  Already taking folic acid so I'll just keep taking it.  Thanks!   ETA: Well dip me in honey and stick me in an anthill!  I have been calling the wrong phase the luteal phase!  Have been reading up a little more - I gotta go home and check my charts but I'm pretty sure my luteal phase is well within the 12-16 day range since it's the days AFTER ovulation.  I thought it was the days between my period and...
For me it would help to have examples of what kinds of things you are asked to do that you don't want to do, but I agree with the general advice you've gotten: "I'm going to have to pass" or "I'm sorry but I can't" really are enough, you don't owe anyone an explanation. And I think that's a good place to start. I do also think though, that as time goes on and hopefully that gets easier/more comfortable/less awkward to say, it is worth it to experiment with...
Thanks everyone for the great responses!   Buzzer Beater: I've been charting temps and also doing over the counter ovulation tests, and gotten positive tests along with the temp dip when I've been good about charting and testing.  Right now we're nursing upon wake up, then usually at pick up from daycare, and maybe a couple of little "sips" until bedtime.  She's nightweaned now for about 7 or 8 months.   Sundaya: Can I get a big AMEN on it being harder for our...
Yup, dd is also 2 1/2, and it's a lot better with the night wakings now that she's night-weaned and sleeping in her own bed, but I'm still crazy sleep-deprived. For us it was that up until 16 months or so, we were still co-sleeping and nursing through the night.  She would wake up every 90 min or so and keep me awake another 30-45 min, then go back to sleep, only to wake up again in 90 and repeat cycle.  I was pregnant at time so I was beyond exhausted and we...
Thanks all for all your info, and also your sympathy!  Great to hear that several of you have conceived while BF over 40!  I guess what I'm taking away from this is: it's really hard to know if it's affecting me, in particular, at this particular time.  I guess I should just wean if I'm still really trying, just in case there is an impact. And yes, I feel whoever said how tired she was when nursing while pg - I was nursing and just EXHAUSTED last year while pg.  Of...
Since this is a thread on what CPS looks for, I gotta say that in both the examples posted (one by Katie T, one by kathymuggle), it sounds like CPS actually did what they're supposed to do.   There is a key thing you need to understand that apply to those reports: CPS is only supposed to get involved where harm is being done to a child through abuse or neglect.  As crazy as it seems, saying only that a parent "flung her baby" without more info - where did she fling...
After some very preliminary research, it seems like all I can gather re: "Common wisdom" is that all women are different and there's no generalizations about whether still nursing at 45 with a 2 1/2 yr old is interefering with my ability to get pg.  DH and I have been pregnant 4 times since I was 39, always on the first try.  Now it's been months with no luck, and I do realize that my age alone means it's likely a lot less possible (or already impossible), but I still...
Congrats Purplefish!!!!  Interesting about nightweaning... PPAF (post partum menstrual period, to those still learning the lingo ;)  ) has returned and I was preg last year too, but we didn't nightwean until after the m/c so I wonder if that had anything to do with it....   And I work full time out of the home, so in some ways she's day-weaned for much of the day as well.  Still maybe I should try to cut out the "Pick her up from daycare" nurse and try to narrow to...
Yes kfillmore, I'm with you on needing a glossary of abbreviations and I've been here for awhile! :)  My last "What does that mean???" was about "BD" - I know it means "doing the deed" but don't know what it specifically stands for?   And kfillmore re: tracking temps, I've actually been doing that, and with my 3 pregnancies before trying now (one going to full term birth of my dd and two miscarriages) I found that charting temps was actually a better predictor of...
OP I'm glad you found my post helpful.  And I'd just like to add something to all the pleas above to go ahead and call the police.   At this stage, knowing he's convicted and served 5 yrs, it is pretty much a one in a million chance that he didn't do what he was convicted of.  Please do NOT focus on the fact that your SIL wants to believe it was all lies and he didn't do anything - again, it's almost unheard of to actually be convicted and for there to not have been...