or Connect

Posts by LROM

All excellent points - especially the bolded.    
  The bolded part is exactly what several in this conversation seem to be missing over and over.  Everyone is free to feel like a CPS worker showing up unannounced on their doorstep is an intrusion, an invasion of their privacy.  It's natural to feel that way, I get it.  But the idea that somehow people predictably feeling that way erases or minimizes the fact that CPS is an agency charged with protecting children, and the only way to protect children is to look into...
Ooooh, Contactmaya, now I'm adding the soy question to the 2 other questions I came here to ask....   Hi ladies!  I've been either away or lurking since my m/c last year.  Hope this spring finds you all wonderful and springing into pregnancy! :D   2 Questions for you:   1. Last time I had an RE work up (2007) they didn't do the AMH test, but I just had one done.  My OB keeps tripping over herself (even before got results) saying "But remember: this test is...
  You're missing a key factor that both beenmum and I said - IT DEPENDS ON THE ALLEGATIONS.  It depends on the nature of the report that was received and what type of abuse/neglect someone said your kids were experiencing.   And if it's bad enough, and you refuse to allow CPS to see your kids and speak to you and your kids, YES, because someone has given specific enough and serious enough information to make the concern about the safety/wellbeing of your children the...
First off, I think you sound like an exceptional mama already.  It's a lot easier in life to replicate what you were exposed to/raised around, than it is to break out from what is familiar and do things differently.  The home you've already described, the way you describe your child's demeanor, and the fact that you recognize the need for a supportive community of mamas and also professional help when things get particularly stressful... that all sounds like things your...
Many have already pointed out that showing preference for one parent is a common thing in toddlers. I'd just add to what everyone else has said that the same advice that goes for daddys feeling the same way goes for you: whatever you do, please try your best NOT to withdraw or show your disappointment/frustration/hurt in how you interact with your son.  Even the subtlest actions/vibes from a parent can turn the dynamic that is already there into a much deeper, more...
  Actually, what Beenmum said IS how it works... in many states.  I don't know if you are in a state that doesn't work that way, or if for some reason the CPS worker and cops that responded to you decided not to insist on seeing your kids, but in most states - depending on the allegations - CPS DOES have a right to see your kids, and if you refuse, - again, depending on the allegations - they can come back with a cop and insist or take your kids.  That is true in most...
I think it's common, but it's unhealthy.  In this case too, aside from the annoyance of someone who goes on and on and on and ON... I'd ask them if they're really comfortable with their kid being sexualized at such a young age.  I know the mom probably doesn't think of what she's saying as "sexualizing her child", but when you focus on how nice a child's "booty" is, you are teaching that child and everyone around them that this is what's important.  Booty.  Not kindness,...
Like a PP, I've named it "whining" when she talks like that and I say "No whining.  Whining will not get you a banana." and I also find that usually I do have to start t get the thing (if it's something I'm going to say yes to) and then ask her to ask nicely.  Basically ditto what someone else said already I guess! :)   What I'm finding to be a real challenge is that my dd is mostly learning whining (or having it reinforced) by a new friend who, I'm really not crazy...
  See, this kind of thing makes me crazy.  I don't really care what the mom thinks, but I think about how much pressure this poor kid is probably under and that makes me at least respond with "Have you ever thought about the kind of pressure your daugther/son probably feels?  Do you ever worry that your high expectations and goals might be a little too much pressure for them and that it might backfire?"  I'd say something like that to this kind of parent, because it...