or Connect

Posts by LROM

Glad that in the end, so far your daughter is blissfully oblivious. :)  While the "different views on the same relationship" issue is something we all have to wrestle with at some point, it's nice NOT to have to explain to a heartbroken dd for now.  Take care!
  And I would just add to this that even if he's clearly not ready, you are the parent and need to be at least moderately healthy and sane to parent your child well.  If the sleep issue is making you feel sooo bad that you're not doing well when you're awake, that has to be weighed strongly too.  Your child may not be ready, but you may feel like it's a necessity, and that's real, and that's ok.   It's a tricky thing to figure out, and it's different for different...
Another vote for nightweaning.  My dd was 19 months, not 2.5 yrs, so I don't know if indeed 2.5 will be noticeably harder, but in our case it was absolutely the right thing to do.  Dd is now 2.5 and sleeps through the night in her own bed, and we sleep too.   Dd was waking up like every 90 min (after sleeping well for like 3-4 hr stretches for awhile before that), and then she was not just nursing and going back to sleep, she was going back and forth between boobs...
Ok, I understand what you're saying a bit better now.  Maybe it's exactly what you think it is, she's just getting overall "cabin fever" and wants to be out and about much more than she is.  What's your social network like, now that you're 9 months pregnant is there any way to schedule more playdates for her, both at your house and elsewhere?  Any friends with like-aged kids who - for a period while you're sooo preggo and also when you're baby is born - who would come...
  ITA, it's about growing up and changes in friendships and how those are formed and maintained, not about entitlement.    Where maybe I see it a bit differently than you though (or maybe not?), is that in OPs mind, there was more of a relationship, and her dd thought of the other girl as her best friend.  We may all have different opinions based on OPs specific situation whether that feeling was "reasonable" or not, but that doesn't matter - this is how OP and her dd...
Sooo I'm a bit confused here - Texmati, are you saying your lo would cry, put on a coat and try to follow other people out, and cling to them when they got home and want to leave with them?  Or more just that they developed attachments to others and would sometimes seem to choose them over you (which I know is common)?   I know it's common for toddlers to transfer affection to others, but I haven't heard of this phenomenon where the child truly sounds distressed and...
I'm not saying you need to state your business here, but I am guessing that there's a reason you're asking this question and it's really that reason that you need to run by vital records.  The question "Is this a legal document" isn't really meaningful by itself... instead you should be asking "If the sperm donor wanted to do this _______________, could he do it with this document?"   Whatever makes you concerned about this doc, whatever you worry the sperm donor...
I haven't read all the posts, but I totally and completely do NOT get this entitlement conversation.   If you have what you think is a good, close relationship to someone and your kid considers their kid their best friend, why why WHY would it be rude, or over the top, or a show of "entitlement" to ask the mom why your daughter wasn't invited?   Your kid is sad, left out, and you both think this girl is her best friend - I totally agree with OP that it's natural...
I guess I'm in the minority here, but when you say he's already witnessed a lot of stress and fighting, I think no matter what else you try with diet and positive reinforcement, you do also need to look at what he's witnessed/learned in his life so far.   Are there any home visiting programs around, or can you check at the hospital where you had him to see if they offer any parenting support classes/resources on parenting toddlers?   If there's a La Leche League...
How long has she been doing this?  And not to sound like I'm prying, but what do you mean it hasn't been a barrel of monkeys at your house lately - are there some stressful dynamics?   Parental stress can definitely stress out a little one.    Is there anything specific (or anyone specific) in your home that she seems to avoid or cry a ton around even when you're not transitioning from her visiting someone else?   I know this is all questions and no advice...