or Connect

Posts by Banjo Jessie

As for me, I had my first baby when I was 22. This gave me just enough time to finish college "distraction" free. So, I'm glad I got my degree and I had a great time, but sometimes I wish I'd started earlier. If you could go back, would you change the time in your life that you became a mother? Why? ....Just curious.....
I have enameled cast iron skillets and the bottoms have turned black with use. Does anyone know how to clean off the black stuff on the bottom without harming the enamel?
Here's my own experience if it helps! I went to preschool and was shy there. My mom said I used to hide behind a chair and watch the other kids play. I went to school and was okay until dreaded middle school when my old shyness came back and I had a really hard time socially until I graduated high school. I went to college and had the time of my life. So who knows if preschool did me any good. As far as being socially comfortable, I think the main thing is to...
What happens when you to the ER and you're children are not vaxed? We live in NC so we have the religious exemption, does that fly at the hospital?
Hi, I second everything that Xenobyte had to say. As for me, I have not gotten into grinding my own grains (although that is a goal of mine), so for now I use organic whole wheat flour and whole wheat pastry flour for all my baking. I got pregnant right after graduating college so I went from a diet fairly heavy in processed foods to one very low as I suddenly had the time to cook. I actually weighed less after Sylvia was born then I had before she was concieved. I...
I have a feeling my biggest problem is going to be my parents and all my in-laws. My ds is only 17 mos. but already my parents dream of the day (which is rapidly arriving) when they can spoil her rotten. Already they offer her suckers. But really my biggest fear is my in-laws across the street. They have 3 kids one of which is a sweet girl only one year older than Sylvia. Of course I feel lucky to have family so close but their parenting ideals are VERY different...
I was visiting one of my best friends (who is in med school) at her parent's house on the beach. Her father is a pediatrician and we were all sitting down to dinner when the Dr. found out I was still nursing my 15 mo. old. His immediate comment was, "You gotta get her to stop doing that." His main argument was that she needs more iron. I made a few excuses and the topic was changed. My friend then sent me some photocopies concerning iron depletion in babies (which of...
Has anyone used The Well Trained Mind by Susan Bauer and Jessie Wise as a guide to their hs curriculum? If so, is it effective? Thanks
Just wondering, who do I contact to get a religious exemption from vaccinations. Thanks, Jessie
brown, curly, long, frizzy, oily Hi, I went shampoo free (I mean free, no bs, no acv) for about 2 months and things were great. My nails grew better than ever and my 10 yr. streak with acne finally disappeared. But, alas, the temptation to use shampoo overwhelmed me, my hair just got too greasy and water rinses weren't doing as well as they had. So today I did bs and acv, so far so good but my hair hasn't dried yet so it's too early to tell. I think an idea...