or Connect

Posts by KristyG51

While we don't really "do" Santa, I think the whole thing needs some explaining, and I thought a book with the history/mythology of some different cultures would be a nice addition to our library. Something for kids 3+, not too Jesus-centric, ideally covers a few different cultures? Any pointers?
I'm not looking necessarily for books that are about breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing, homeschooling, etc., but more so just have them as normal details within the story. Any suggestions? They're for reading to my 2.5 year old, who has graduated from only tolerating like half of a board book to now enjoying entire picture books one after the other.   An example would be this board book, 'I Love You As Much', which in the final page has a momma laying in bed...
Anybody here have a Serger ProFinish? I think I tried to push something too thick through, and it stopped working properly. It didn't appear to be cutting right, so I replaced both the upper and lower blades. That didn't fix it; it was cutting better, but it sucks up what it's cut off into what it's sewing, so I end up with all of what would have been discarded underneath the stitches. I took it in to a local repair place and he had it for a few days. When I picked it...
A Garden Ridge store just opened nearby. It's a big warehouse-type store with home goods and As Seen On TV junk, but I noticed in their book section there were a few alphabet/number/color workbooks. Some were Sesame Street or Word World or Fischer Price brands, which honestly I don't mind too much. They weren't large, maybe around 20 or so pages, and cost $1.99 each.   Has anybody seen these? Used these? Bought small workbooks for $2 and found them worth it for rainy...
We live in the Schaumburg area but will eventually be moving further east toward Niles where my husband works. We take our daughter to Dr. Minkus in Skokie, and before I bother his office asking for recommendations, I thought I'd have a try here. We're looking for a pediatric dentist that isn't going to freak out and tell me to quit night nursing my 18 month old. I'm thinking she's due for a check up, so any recommendations would be great! Likewise, I'm looking for a...
I figured it out! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...2/IMG_3714.jpg
Quote: Originally Posted by TheGirls I really can't tell what I'm seeing in that picture. Can you take a picture that's a bit less close so that I can tell which bits belong to the bike and which to the trailer? The grey mesh strap isn't what's actually holding the trailer to the bike, is it? On my trailer there's a rigid attachment (pin & socket, but I imagine that varies) and then a strap that's meant for "backup", but doesn't actually take...
I know this is a long shot, but I thought some of you might have a bike trailer, and perhaps then some of you that do might have this specific one I acquired this off Freecycle and would really love to ride around with my toddler, but every way I try to attach the trailer to my bike it doesn't seem secure. Here's what looks right... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...2/IMG_3707.jpg But when moving forward it can pull back (to the right, in the picture) and then it...
I delivered with the midwives at Alexian. I showed up at the hospital where the nurse said, "I read your birth plan, it looks great!", got checked by the midwife and was at 8 cm, was monitored for a short while sitting on the edge of the bed, labored in the tub through transition, got out and was checked again and was complete, agreed to my midwife rupturing my membranes, pushed in a propped-up-sitting position (had I had the strength I would have used the squat bar that...
I'm always looking for ways to connect with parents that have similar values as our family, and have found a great group that's based in the west suburbs. Being in the northwest suburbs that's not a far distance, but I thought it'd be nice to find a group that's more local. So, upon finding Google's new Groups service, I decided to start one. While this will (hopefully actually) start off as just online discussion, I'd love for it to evolve into more. If you're in...