or Connect

Posts by jboo7506

Thanks for the suggestion.
http://www.psychotherapy.net/interview/insoo-kim-berg   this method was recommended by Pam England. 
Okay well I am back quicker than I thought I would be. :)   I found all my notes from the 2011 ICAN conference.    The two speakers that come to mind and that I remember the most clearly are Isa Herrera and Pam England.    Isa Herrera spoke to the physical healing after a cesarean surgery. She wrote the book "Ending Female Pain." She advocates for physical therapy immediately and longer after the birth. I have 3+ pages of messy notes on her suggestions of...
Great idea!! I am going to start attending a local "home birth transfer support group," I am hoping it will be an open supportive environment for me. Anyhoo, onto your questions:   It was not helpful to hear things like "you have a healthy baby" "why did you plan a homebirth in the first place?" *I told you so attitudes from those around me (ahem, family members, "friends"). It was helpful to hear that it was okay to be upset over the loss of my birth ideal, lots of hugs,...
Thanks for your reply. I think a weekend away would be awesome! Now to talk him into it! Maybe the cooler weather will open up more opportunities to get away for a bit.
What have your experiences been like with becoming parents then getting back to being a couple again?    Hi, I'm Jennifer. I am a SAHM to an almost 3 year old boy. My hubby and I have been together for 9 years, married for 6. Pre-parenthood we both worked a lot and spent our leisure time watching T.V., I was in school so that took up a good chunk, going out to eat, being with friends, etc. Post-parenthood, we have a movie date every so often and thats about it on the...
I am wondering if there are any parents in or near St. Louis, MO in this group?    If so, feel free to PM me. I'd really enjoy a real life meet up!! Jennifer
Hello all, Here's a update for our tripod. Russ is one already!! His birthday was bittersweet. I am happy he is growing well, thriving in fact, and has such a wonderful personality. But, his birthday was a reminder of his birth which did not go as planned. I labored at home for 43 hours and had to transfer because he was not moving down the birth canal. I had to have a c-section; which still breaks my heart. I know, I know he couldn't have been born vaginally b/c of...
Hello all, I am trying to work through the traumatic childbirth of my son. Is anyone else doing the same or has done it? I find myself feeling guilty about how he must have experienced the birth and how scary it i think it was for him. I know I did all I could for us to have the birth I wanted but thats not enough to quell my sadness at the loss of the birth I felt was best for both of us, physically and emotionally. Also, I find myself thinking "If I had another baby...
Hello all, Well I am in a different place mentally than I was last time I posted. I am trying to work through the traumatic childbirth of my son. Is anyone else doing the same or has done it? I find myself feeling guilty about how he must have experienced the birth and how scary it i think it was for him. I know I did all I could for us to have the birth I wanted but thats not enough to quell my sadness at the loss of the birth I felt was best for both of us, physically...