or Connect

Posts by jboo7506

hello all, at some point i re,=member reading an article (not necessarily from "Mothering" mag.) about babies who are held all the time, either in arms or a sling, and how they learn to walk around the same time babies traditionally cared for do. I'm pretty sure it was referring to a culture that moms carry the babies while they work. Did anyone else read that? If so, please send me the link. Thanks! Jennifer
hello all! russ is almost three months old yay! he's thriving with his daddy and i. as i type this i am nursing him. i still can't picture being able to do all the things i do with russ (carrying most of the day, elimination communication, and so on) with another child while having russ to take care of as well. i think another child would take away from the bond russ shares with me and my husband. when i am overtired i get crabby with russ (unfortunately) if i had another...
Hello all, I finally have a minute to update you all, albeit while nursing. My son Russell was born November 3 at 7:51pm after 40 hours of home labor and then a hospital transfer b/c he wasn't moving down the birth canal. He was just camped out in there, literally, with one leg crossed over the other... no way he was coming out vaginally. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. We are doing great! He looks more and more like his daddy everyday. I am blessed and very thankful...
WHEW!! I just finished reading all 68 pages of this thread. I loved it! I definitely laughed, empathized, and nodded my head in agreement MANY times! Let me introduce myself: My name is Jennifer. I am pregnant (due in early November) with my one and only baby . We did not find out the sex... I'll letcha know when he/she comes. Before we got married we decided we wanted one and no more. Then I got pregnant and I started hinting that maybe two would be better (why? I...
i have read alfie kohn before and I still dont understand how to put unconditional parenting into practice! maybe it will come to me when I have to use it? Jen
Hello, I live in St. Charles county and am looking for an affordable person to do a henna tattoo on my belly for my mother blessing and birth. Any recommendations? Thank you. Jennifer (my baby is due in 6 weeks or less
I realize this was posted quite awhile ago but I am interested in getting these supplies. Thank you Jennifer
Quote: Originally Posted by brighteyed Hey happyhats, I am currently seeing Dr. Mormol for baby number two for VBAC after a terrible experience with baby number one and my previous OB. He has been totally fine with everything natural, in fact I didn't even have to mention the things that I was desiring, he knew I wanted a natural birth and said, "I'm fine with eating/drinking during labor, being mobile and walking/showering/moving/whatever during the...
Hello, Can anyone recommend a doctor in St. Charles County that is open to an alternative vaccination schedule? Thank you. Jennifer
Quote: Originally Posted by PseudoDiva Here is my question. This will be my first birth, and we're planning on a homebirth. My mom really wants to be there. We have a good relationship but I still have reservations. I told her I wanted a doula, but she thinks she can act as a doula, or that another friend could do it. I tried to explain to her that I felt it would emotionally complicate things, but she doesn't seem to understand this. I know...