or Connect

Posts by LorenaAZ

Devaya, that sounds really nice!!  I am an atheist so I don't celebrate Christmas, which means my little one is spending the 24, 25, and early 26 with her dad....this is the first time she'll ever be away from me for that long, and Cyclist and I are spending all that time together.  I don't really know what we are doing yet, and I don't really care.  I woke up this morning and thought about how things will change once classes start again in January (I'm a full-time...
I've been missing for a few days....but for good reason.  :)   Ends up the "no call no show" that I interpreted from "cyclist" was a misunderstanding.  We are actually exclusively seeing each other now.  It feels so weird to me to go from Mama-mode to woman/gf-mode!!   It is especially strange when I have to do both at once.  But it seems to be getting easier and I am feeling more relaxed about it.  This is my first relationship after getting divorced and being single...
I currently live with a single mama.  We met through our university and we belong to the same local mothering group (which is made up of "crunchy" mamas).  We talked about our expectations and didn't really make any rules.  I think we are both very tolerant and stable.  I am surprised sometimes at how well we get along considering how vastly different we are.  Our kids are about 6 months apart, they go to the same daycare, and really love each other.  But that love comes...
So there I was...feeling proud of myself for not getting involved with anyone prematurely.  And then it happened.  Darn.    Let's call him "Cyclist" - every time we were together we had such a great time, he did great with my little one, he pretty much begged me to meet his father who came to visit him (to Flagstaff, AZ) from upstate NY (and which I did during the past 2 weeks), we finished each other's sentences....sigh.    So I started daydreaming about him.....you...
Can you do other things?  Like join a local mothering group?  Volunteer?  Something that would put you in direct contact with people so as not to feel so lonely.     I know what you mean.  I went through a phase when I really longed to be in love, have someone to hold me, etc.  But I think remaining picky is our best bet!  Having frequent get togethers with friends (and all the laughing that comes from that) took me out of that mind set.    Hope this helps. 
I'm learning about what I really want.  I'm taking things slow.  I've been doing quite a bit of dating lately and can be honest with the guys I meet.  Out of that honesty, some great friendships have flourished.  I love being able to take the positive from other people.  So dating is helping me get back in touch with those traits I loved about the person I was before my divorce and marriage.  A few examples of this: I'm riding my bicycle more and using my car less, I am...
I've given a lot of thought to what you all said.  The age of dating someone because they were "good enough," or because I felt lonely, or because I want attention or affection, or sex, no longer applies.  With the combination of age and motherhood, my responsibility to myself has grown tall as has my ability to foresee how my actions will affect my daughter (even if indirectly).  So I think I might just be following my gut instinct and honoring my feelings by rejecting...
My lo is a bit like that, but not to such extremes.  My county requires that custodial parents take a parenting class during the divorce process.  One of the main focuses of the class was that children will lash out/let it all out with the person they trust most and the person they see is most permanent (custodial parent).  In their little heads, they think they can be themselves at their worst, and this parent will never leave them.  So when my daughter does her...
I am going to be applying to a university program that will start next September.  I have been a sahm since ds was born, but now I'm on my own with him and I need a career to support us!  I currently have a degree in biology and there is a program I want to take in public health and safety.  I am really excited about it, I think it will be a great fit for me.  And, because I already have a degree I can complete the program in only 2 years.  But, I'm really worried...
I just miss class.  I'm a very good student and my professors know I wouldn't miss class just for fun.  I usually talk to them all at the beginning of the semester to let them know of my situation (single mom, full time student, working, with no family in town).  If I know I'm going to miss class, I send them an email, and submit work electronically (if any was due on that day).  I've had some professors tell me to just bring her to class too.  Sit in the back, plug...